Thoughts on the Washington series

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really need to beat Gio -- need to flex our muscles against lefties when we get them.

This is a HUGE chance to make a statement early in the season. A series win in Washington would speak volumes about where we're at so far.

QUOTE (OsweGo-Go Sox @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 11:28 AM)
Floyd.

Unfortunately I'm busy all three nights of this series--might just catch the last inning or two of Tuesday/Wednesday on my drive home.

It seems like I always draw Floyd by default for Sox games, I've seen him more than any other pitcher over the years. That was cool when Floyd didn't kind of suck, but now it's rather annoying. At least I drew Sale last year in Detroit.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 11:26 AM)
Anybody else hate interleague as much as me? We will lose one of Tank, Konerko or Dunn for each of the three games.

Its time has pased. And having it every day (even opening day) eliminates whatever minimal "buzz" it still had left.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 12:26 PM)
Anybody else hate interleague as much as me? We will lose one of Tank, Konerko or Dunn for each of the three games.

I like that it's been de-emphasized this year. Step in the right direction for me. The designated interleague weeks used to suck.

If I recall correctly, our success against Gio has involved surviving him early and then getting some runs after he gets tired. He seems to have improved his fatigue issue lately, but the key will be to get some good at bats early and extend his pitch count.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 11:26 AM)

I absolutely abhor interleague play as well. I can't stand the disadvantages that 1 team has by not having a roster constructed for the other leagues rules. I think that it is especially harmful to an American League team to work wothout the DH for a series. Our pitchers have not held a bat for years in some cases, and I really don't want them wasting time trying to learn how to hit.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 05:39 PM)
I absolutely abhor interleague play as well. I can't stand the disadvantages that 1 team has by not having a roster constructed for the other leagues rules. I think that it is especially harmful to an American League team to work wothout the DH for a series. Our pitchers have not held a bat for years in some cases, and I really don't want them wasting time trying to learn how to hit.

I completely agree.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 10:05 AM)
Might be our toughest series of the season. Hope we don't get swept, that would sure take away the momentum from a great start so far. We do miss Strasburg. Gonzalez, Haren, and Zimmerman will be tough. Gio is 0-4 against all time, so definitely hope.

Maybe Gio will have King Felix results..............Sox seem to own him hope trend continues. Missing Strasburg is huge.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 08:20 PM)
Nats sure are the darlings of the national media

I agree but apparently they aren't darling enough for MLB Network as we aren't being broadcast these three games. But, they do broadcast a Yankee game for sure

I watched a lot of their games last year, when they Sox weren't playing cause they were (still are) a fun team to watch. I must say I like they're announcing team. Will probably listen to them over Hawk on MLB.TV.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 07:31 PM)
I watched a lot of their games last year, when they Sox weren't playing cause they were (still are) a fun team to watch. I must say I like they're announcing team. Will probably listen to them over Hawk on MLB.TV.

I like following them as well, in addition to the Rays (like the way the organization is run, Joe Maddon, and a lot of the players), Angels (Trout fanboy) and Giants (this one goes back to my childhood and has endured for a multitude of reasons). I have evening rehearsals for a musical this summer in June, July and August so I miss a good deal of Sox games. Decided to finally invest in mlb.tv in large part so I could catch the West coast games when I get home.

It'll be a good amount of Angels and Giants (including the soothing tones of Jon Miller), plus plenty of Dodgers due to the Scully factor.

EDIT: And, yeah, both the Nats' TV and radio crews are pretty decent

Edited by OsweGo-Go Sox

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 07:31 PM)

The Nats are my go to team on mlb.tv if the sox are not on as well. But I cannot stand their color guy.