Quiet Day So Far

Chisoxfn

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Haven't heard many rumors at all.  The only rumors I've really heard are the Dodgers may deal Adrian Beltre, but I don't know who for, and that the Cubs are interested or at least talking to a bunch of people. 

Otherwise its been a pretty quiet day.

well the reds traded todd walker to the red sox for 2 minor leaguers

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I like Astacio.  Isn't he a free agent?

Nope....it was one of the Mets or he who exercised his option for 2003....and it guarentees him about $7 million....if we only had to pay for $3.5-4 mill of it, it wouldn't be so bad...either that or else we give them Carlos...that cuts it down to about $3 million for next year.

I'd rather get Paul Byrd though...cheaper and he actually pitched two halves of the year....and Brian Anderson. I'd take him too. Enough of this Omar Daal s***....he can take his $5 million and his screwy-ass windup to Milwaukee. That's fine with me. SamME will hit homers and hop around him all day...then again, Daal will get wins against the Cubs...the Cubs still think it's 1982 and the Brewers are a great team...then again, they are a great team when they play the Cubs.