2013 NFL Draft

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 08:00 PM)
When it was 15 minutes it was too much but I think 10 minutes is perfect for the beginning.

Maybe if ESPN ever took Berman off the broadcast, I could stand it better.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 03:56 PM)
I still can't believe how much the change to the 3 day format ruined the draft for me. Just no where near the excitement for the draft that I used to have.

Agreed. I used to love spending all day Saturday and Sunday watching the draft. Grill out, drink some beer, and watch the draft. That's my ideal scenario.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 04:56 PM)
I still can't believe how much the change to the 3 day format ruined the draft for me. Just no where near the excitement for the draft that I used to have.

+1000.................NFL managed to take the draft that I love and ruin it.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 05:56 PM)

Agreed. The Saturday of the draft was basically like a holiday for me. One of the best days of the year

I did love Saturday draft day, but Thursday works for me. Get off work, get s***faced and watch the first round, and then see teams jockey for position for the first pick of the 2nd round. Do the same thing Friday night. Then Saturday, do what you want.

Rumors that the Bills want to trade down because they only have 6 picks. MAYBE DON'T TRADE A 7TH ROUND PICK FOR TAVARIS JACKSON.

We are at the point in draft coverage where everything that could have been said has been said, every scenario discussed ad nauseam and the only ones talking are Joe YouTube who thinks he knows everything.

This time next weekend will be where Joe YouTube loses his s*** because the draft didn't go exactly the way he wanted it to go and b****es about it ad nauseam until training camp starts.

They spent a 2nd round pick on Jeffrey last year. You cant just keep throwing draft picks at WRs, you end up like the Lions.

Unless they are a Calvin Johnson, you might as well wait until the mid rounds and get good value. I see no reason why Swope in the later round couldnt be a slot wr. There are just so many athletic wrs that you dont have to grab them early.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 12:51 PM)
They spent a 2nd round pick on Jeffrey last year. You cant just keep throwing draft picks at WRs, you end up like the Lions.

Unless they are a Calvin Johnson, you might as well wait until the mid rounds and get good value. I see no reason why Swope in the later round couldnt be a slot wr. There are just so many athletic wrs that you dont have to grab them early.

Or you could end up like the Packers. Who I think take a WR in the second round almost every year.

If Cordarelle Patterson falls to the Bears in the first round and the Bears have him ranked as the number 1 or 2 WR in the draft. How do you not take him.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 12:55 PM)
Or you could end up like the Packers. Who I think take a WR in the second round almost every year.

If Cordarelle Patterson falls to the Bears in the first round and the Bears have him ranked as the number 1 or 2 WR in the draft. How do you not take him.

What?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...0&type=team

2011 Randall Cobb was pick 64 (late 2nd).

They drafted Jordy Nelson pick 36, early 2nd round in 2008

James Jones 2007 round 3

Greg Jennings 2006 round 3

Since 2006 the Packers have drafted 0 WRs in the first round.

How do the Bears pass?

Simply supply and demand. If you can get a substantially better talent at one position now, and you get roughly equal talent later, it doesnt matter if they are 1 or 5. It matters the separation in talent. And WR is a position where there is a ridiculous pool of taleny.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 01:55 PM)

I wouldn't use a WR in round 1 for value reasons (considering there's not any real reason to doubt Jeffery yet) but I wouldn't exactly be upset if they did that. Still I'd rather take someone like Ryan Swope later on who'd accomplish the exact same thing. i'm guessing Swope would be there in the 3rd because... you know... he's white. Same speed as Tavon Austin though.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 01:02 PM)
What?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...0&type=team

2011 Randall Cobb was pick 64 (late 2nd).

They drafted Jordy Nelson pick 36, early 2nd round in 2008

James Jones 2007 round 3

Greg Jennings 2006 round 3

Since 2006 the Packers have drafted 0 WRs in the first round.

How do the Bears pass?

Simply supply and demand. If you can get a substantially better talent at one position now, and you get roughly equal talent later, it doesnt matter if they are 1 or 5. It matters the separation in talent. And WR is a position where there is a ridiculous pool of taleny.

I said second round and Greg Jennings was a second round pick.