2013 NFL Draft

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 04:05 PM)
Perhaps, but Williams and Anderson both look like pretty good LBs...At least going off of their # of tackles they put up. Not sure how they are in coverage which is probably a key if they stick with the cover 2.

Worth noting that very few MLB's stay on the field for both running and passing situations.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 01:02 PM)
What?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...0&type=team

2011 Randall Cobb was pick 64 (late 2nd).

They drafted Jordy Nelson pick 36, early 2nd round in 2008

James Jones 2007 round 3

Greg Jennings 2006 round 3

Since 2006 the Packers have drafted 0 WRs in the first round.

How do the Bears pass?

Simply supply and demand. If you can get a substantially better talent at one position now, and you get roughly equal talent later, it doesnt matter if they are 1 or 5. It matters the separation in talent. And WR is a position where there is a ridiculous pool of taleny.

When your QB is Favre or Rodgers, your receivers can be 3rd round talents. How would Calvin Johnson be stopped if Rodgers was throwing him the ball? I am not so sure Cutler falls into that category. That said, I think it is highly unlikely they take a WR in round one, but if they did, he wouldn't have to be too productive to be one of their finest first round picks in years.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 06:37 PM)
When your QB is Favre or Rodgers, your receivers can be 3rd round talents. How would Calvin Johnson be stopped if Rodgers was throwing him the ball? I am not so sure Cutler falls into that category. That said, I think it is highly unlikely they take a WR in round one, but if they did, he wouldn't have to be too productive to be one of their finest first round picks in years.

I didnt bring up the packers. Gosox claimed the Packers drafted wrs in the 2nd round almost every year.

I never would have used the Packers to compare to the Bears, it makes no sense.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
I mentioned safety, but with the modern NFL, safety if becoming a bigger need.

I think there could be 4 safeties taken in the first two rounds.

The one guarantee of the draft is that the Bears will draft safety. And he will more than likely suck.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 08:18 PM)
The one guarantee of the draft is that the Bears will draft safety. And he will more than likely suck.

They at least got the last 2 out of 3 right although Wright was dicey at first. Conte is legit and Hardin is still a wild card.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 07:46 AM)
They at least got the last 2 out of 3 right although Wright was dicey at first. Conte is legit and Hardin is still a wild card.

I guess I may have overexaggerated on the suck part. The 8 safeties drafted in the last 8 years were: Brandon Hardin, Chris Conte, Major Wright, Al Afalava, Craig Steltz, Kevin Payne, Danieal Manning, Chris Harris. That middle trio of Afalava-Steltz-Payne sucked pretty hard, but other than that there was some talent.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 09:48 AM)
I guess I may have overexaggerated on the suck part. The 8 safeties drafted in the last 8 years were: Brandon Hardin, Chris Conte, Major Wright, Al Afalava, Craig Steltz, Kevin Payne, Danieal Manning, Chris Harris. That middle trio of Afalava-Steltz-Payne sucked pretty hard, but other than that there was some talent.

It only took like an entire decade to get it right... this year they have no 3rd round pick so they can't use it on a safety

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 07:50 AM)
Mike Mayock did his mock on NFLN last night and he has the Bears taking Te'o at 20.

Sweet Jesus in heaven, don't let this be true.

I can't remember what its like to be thrilled with a Bears' first-round pick (maybe Benson, but who could have known?). Usually I'm either pissed or completely bewildered.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 05:04 PM)
Sweet Jesus in heaven, don't let this be true.

I can't remember what its like to be thrilled with a Bears' first-round pick (maybe Benson, but who could have known?). Usually I'm either pissed or completely bewildered.

I can't imagine what the Boers and Bernstein show would be like tomorrow if the Bears take Te'o tonight. I really, really hope they don't take him.

I am praying that either Sheldon Richardson or Star Lotulelei somehow fall to 20. They would be great adds to the Bears.

Otherwise, I would prefer a trade down and pick up a third rounder and take either A. Brown/Minter/other LB that falls to around 30 where the Bears trade down to.