4/20 games

danman31

What the hell is Wes Whisler still doing in the system?

I would rather give his spot to a local walk on or tryout than to have him pitch again. That guy has no business being a pitcher.

Jaye is doing pretty good so far. Looks like BP was right on picking him as a top 10 prospect.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 10:28 PM)

I would rather give his spot to a local walk on or tryout than to have him pitch again. That guy has no business being a pitcher.

He made the Major Leagues, which is far more than most minor leaguers will ever say. There's no problem with letting him earn a living as MiLB roster filler.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 10:40 PM)
He made the Major Leagues, which is far more than most minor leaguers will ever say. There's no problem with letting him earn a living as MiLB roster filler.

Whether he was deserving of that opportunity was questionable. His cup of tea performance is worse than using hitters as pitchers and throwing straight fastballs in extra inning situations.

Over the past three years, he's struggled to post a sub 6.00 ERA in Double or Triple A. Like I said, his spot is better used on other minor league free agents out there who is worth a flyer. This guy is 30 years old and we've seen everything out of him. He is not cutting it as a pitcher.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 10:55 PM)
Whether he was deserving of that opportunity was questionable. His cup of tea performance is worse than using hitters as pitchers and throwing straight fastballs in extra inning situations.

Over the past three years, he's struggled to post a sub 6.00 ERA in Double or Triple A. Like I said, his spot is better used on other minor league free agents out there who is worth a flyer. This guy is 30 years old and we've seen everything out of him. He is not cutting it as a pitcher.

It's just not worth getting worked up over. Minor league free agents almost never have any value to any MLB club anyway. Who cares who takes that spot?

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 04:28 AM)

Jaye is doing pretty good so far. Looks like BP was right on picking him as a top 10 prospect.

Minnesota Twins said the same about RA Dickey a few years back and highly regret it now. Whisler is learning the knuckleball I believe.