Peavy Out

Dick Allen

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 2, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
Who would have ever thought Floyd, Danks and Peavy would all be out in the same season? What is happening to baseball pitchers?? Are 10-year careers in the future going to be nonexistent? Are baseball pitchers careers going to be 4-5 year windows of excellence, then surgery, then mop up duty til nobody offers you a contract (unless you are a lefty?)

Peavy's not dead! Danks is on the mend. Floyd is a replacement-level pitcher.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on you guys... for all we know Peavy slept weird lastnight and has back pain. I'm roughly his same age and that s*** happens to me all the time. Let's not all jump off the bridge because Peavy is missing a start. He'll in all likelihood be back for his next start. This is hella better than if he "bulldogs" through pain and destroys his back for all eternity and never pitches again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 49m

Sounds like Axelrod Friday, weather permitting. White Sox would need a starter Saturday--could be Peavy but not known yet

What's Erik Johnson's schedule? I would have to imagine he would have priority to start if he is indeed on schedule. If not him, Rienzo?

QUOTE (Cali @ May 2, 2013 -> 06:36 PM)
What's Erik Johnson's schedule? I would have to imagine he would have priority to start if he is indeed on schedule. If not him, Rienzo?

Johnson isn't on the 40 man roster, and the 40 man is full right now. Minor league starters on the 40 man include Rienzo, Castro, and Molina.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 2, 2013 -> 12:56 PM)
People with back issues. I think we can make a thread devoted just to that issue for the Sox

Canseco (haha)

David Wells

Youkilis

Peavy

Thome

Jenks

Crede

Dunn (a couple of times?)

Konerko

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2013 -> 06:41 PM)
Johnson isn't on the 40 man roster, and the 40 man is full right now. Minor league starters on the 40 man include Rienzo, Castro, and Molina.

I read somewhere Floyd could be hitting the 60-day opening up a spot.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2013 -> 05:41 PM)

Berken is another with MLB experience (Orioles) and has a decent Charlotte ERA.

Would have to make yet another roster move, though.

As far as back spasms go, usually subside in 2-3 days, worst-case scenario. We have a great physical training staff, starting with Hermie and Allen Thomas on down...they'll get it nipped in the bud.

Edited by caulfield12

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 22m

Peavy's issue in mid to low left side of back. '[Thurs]' I could hardly move. It's still tight but able to walk around with no discomfort.'

Peavy: 'hopefully feel good enough to play catch and if that goes well it might be possible for me to get out there in this series (monday)'

Chris De Luca ‏@ChrisDeLuca 27m

“@CST_soxvan: Peavy saw chiropractor, had adjustment. Wants to pitch Mon, still hopeful he can.”

Doesn't sound like Peavy is likely to pitch Monday. Ventura said something like he'll have to have a real good day on Sunday.

Considering he's probably going to be on the trade market in a couple months, I bet they hold off until New York or even next weekend.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2013 -> 09:25 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 49m

If peavy not ready Monday, santiago likely would pitch on short rest, Ventura said.

So stupid, just call up someone instead of piling on the pitches for Santiago.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2013 -> 09:00 PM)
So stupid, just call up someone instead of piling on the pitches for Santiago.

I wonder if that's just something they're saying until they actually have to make a decision--which could still be a minor leaguer. Although I don't know who would be on target to start-- maybe Jason Berken gets a spot start.

Sale starting Monday

They could probably go Santiago on Tuesday, and Erik Johnson on Wednesday.

But guess what? They're expecting rain on Wednesday in New York. Keeps getting better.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2013 -> 01:14 PM)
@CST_soxvan 2h

Sale to face Royals Monday; Peavy DL stint not out of question, Ventura says.

f*** that s***! i'm going to the game tuesday. sale vs harvey would have been amazing