Sn Report: Lee's Future is Dim as Sox Eye Pitcher

Chisoxfn

Let me go out and say I no longer have any interest in acquiring Astachio. This guy makes way too much money. If the Sox made this so called deal, they'd be adding an extra 7 mill in salary for next season.

That 7 mill would be much better spent on Paul Byrd, etc.

I actually think you would be able to get Byrd for 5-6 mill and then KW could tell JR he actually saved him some money.

I am really hoping this rumor is from the Mets side, that or the Mets are going to pay all of his salary.

At 11 mill a year, he isn't worth Carlos Lee.

I love the idea of getting Ryan Dempster. I think we have a plethora of middle infield prospect and can afford to give one of them up if it gets us Dempster, whose only 25. The one thing I'm wondering is if he's hurt. He's thrown a ton of innings at such a young age and I'm wondering if its effected his pitching a bit.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I love the idea of getting Ryan Dempster.  I think we have a plethora of middle infield prospect and can afford to give one of them up if it gets us Dempster, whose only 25.  The one thing I'm wondering is if he's hurt.  He's thrown a ton of innings at such a young age and I'm wondering if its effected his pitching a bit.

*cough cough* Kerry Wood *cough cough*

Originally posted by witesoxfan
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I love the idea of getting Ryan Dempster.  I think we have a plethora of middle infield prospect and can afford to give one of them up if it gets us Dempster, whose only 25.  The one thing I'm wondering is if he's hurt.  He's thrown a ton of innings at such a young age and I'm wondering if its effected his pitching a bit.

I would take Kerry Wood...and I would also love to have Dempster. I think if KW could either swing a deal for Dempster or sign Paul Byrd (or even Omar Daal if it comes to him) we would we be fine.

Originally posted by greg775

i wouldn't mind dealing harris.

I'm with you there greg775. At the very worst, we have Graffy who can play 2B. But I think Jimenez will be ready to go at 2B at the start of the season. Of course, other possibilities could pan out if KW deals Harris AND Valentin. Opening Day rosters should be interesting.

Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

I would take Kerry Wood...and I would also love to have Dempster. I think if KW could either swing a deal for Dempster or sign Paul Byrd (or even Omar Daal if it comes to him) we would we be fine.

Don't get me wrong...I'd like to have Kerry Wood too....but I was just making a point...Jas said that maybe his arm has been affected by throwing too many innings as a youngster....and then I "coughed" Kerry Wood's name....because he blew out his arm after about 1 year in the majors. That's all I'm saying.

Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

Don't get me wrong...I'd like to have Kerry Wood too....but I was just making a point...Jas said that maybe his arm has been affected by throwing too many innings as a youngster....and then I "coughed" Kerry Wood's name....because he blew out his arm after about 1 year in the majors. That's all I'm saying.

there is no way that pedro is worth 11 mil and lee. no way. i want to see lee go, but bring in someone who will be around for a while, regardless of who is in the minors waiting to come up.