Game Thread 5/20: BOS @ SOX

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 20, 2013 -> 09:55 PM)
Flowers has had his share of opportunities with RISP. I hope he turns it around by June. If not, I don't think his defense outweighs his offensive weakness.

It would be time to make him the backup at that point IMO.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 20, 2013 -> 09:57 PM)
It would be time to make him the backup at that point IMO.

Yeah, I'll give him a few more weeks. He's been so streaky I'm not sure what to expect

Viciedo no BB's first 48 AB's.

Then, 8 walks now in his last 35 (all in May, since returning from the DL). Only 5 K's.

856 OPS on the season.

.229 walk per/AB would lead Votto, Choo (man, we could have used him now and in the future), Fielder and Upton if extrapolated over a full season.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ May 21, 2013 -> 04:05 AM)
Axelrod vs Santiago- I was wrong. Axelrod has earned it for now.

Ha, no. Hector has been the better starter starter this season. If they remove a guy with a sub 3 ERA, well the Sox are just stupid. This should not be a debate.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 20, 2013 -> 09:05 PM)
Axelrod vs Santiago- I was wrong. Axelrod has earned it for now.

Short-term, maybe it's Axelrod.

Still, Santiago's ERA for the season is well under 3.00 (obviously, part of that is from his excellent bullpen work, but it also includes the time he came in for Floyd and got hammered by CLE, just like Sale did). Axelrod isn't the type of pitcher who's often going to go out there and throw a shutout or 1-2 run game. But he keeps the team in games and doesn't give in....Mr. Bulldog.

Keeps proving the doubters wrong, for now.

And Danks hasn't exactly earned a spot based on his rehab results.

One thing's for sure, they better not make him the replacement for Thornton/Veal next season. That would be a criminal misuse of him.

Right now, after Sale, he's still arguably the 2nd most valuable trade value on the team...along with the "new and improved" Viciedo and finally Quintana.

Edited by caulfield12