Very unlikely trade rumor involving PK, JC, HS

cabiness42

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ May 20, 2013 -> 02:48 PM)
I do remember that and it... kinda seemed to work although this season? Er, not so much...

Dunn is fine. He struggled at the beginning of the year, but his numbers are on the way up now.

Callaspo?

He mainly plays 3B for the Angels.

We already are going to have two players there in Gillaspie and Keppinger (albeit not a good one, we have to keep/play him).

Callaspo's second best position is probably 2B, and Beckham's over there.

Makes zero sense.

Except for the Angels perhaps wanting to go with Luis Jimenez at 3B and go younger for the future. I don't think they're quite ready to give up on the wild card spot at this point in the season. The trade works out well for them to add pitching, I guess, but it's an insane trade for 2 teams.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 20, 2013 -> 10:58 AM)
I know nothing about the credibility of this site, but this just popped up in my Facebook feed:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ChicagoWhit...location=stream

Supposedly the Sox are going to get Goldschmidt from ARI and Callaspo from LAA in exchange for Konerko (ARI), Crain and Santiago (LAA). It isn't mentioned, but presumably something substantial would also have to go from LAA to ARI.

I find this highly unlikely because it seems too good to be true on the Sox end and why on earth would Arizona give up Goldschmidt?

I almost didn't even bother to post it but these wild stories do end up true about 0.5% of the time.

lolwut?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 20, 2013 -> 08:58 AM)
I know nothing about the credibility of this site, but this just popped up in my Facebook feed:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ChicagoWhit...location=stream

Supposedly the Sox are going to get Goldschmidt from ARI and Callaspo from LAA in exchange for Konerko (ARI), Crain and Santiago (LAA). It isn't mentioned, but presumably something substantial would also have to go from LAA to ARI.

I find this highly unlikely because it seems too good to be true on the Sox end and why on earth would Arizona give up Goldschmidt?

I almost didn't even bother to post it but these wild stories do end up true about 0.5% of the time.

Not everyone has FB so some of us can't read it even if it is hilariously.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/stating-obvio...-185800682.html

Picking up Utley, Howard (if Konerko can't ever come back to form) or Ruiz would all be typical KW mid-season moves in a year when they're in the race and within hailing distance of first.

All World Series champions/veterans.

Utley wouldn't be needed if Beckham can hit at least 650 or 675 OPS-wise, but who ever knows how he'll do from one year to the next?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 20, 2013 -> 03:07 PM)
Callaspo?

He mainly plays 3B for the Angels.

We already are going to have two players there in Gillaspie and Keppinger (albeit not a good one, we have to keep/play him).

Callaspo's second best position is probably 2B, and Beckham's over there.

Makes zero sense.

Except for the Angels perhaps wanting to go with Luis Jimenez at 3B and go younger for the future. I don't think they're quite ready to give up on the wild card spot at this point in the season. The trade works out well for them to add pitching, I guess, but it's an insane trade for 2 teams.

Because clearly this trade makes no sense from the White Sox side!!! :P

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 22, 2013 -> 04:59 PM)
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/stating-obvio...-185800682.html

Picking up Utley, Howard (if Konerko can't ever come back to form) or Ruiz would all be typical KW mid-season moves in a year when they're in the race and within hailing distance of first.

All World Series champions/veterans.

Utley wouldn't be needed if Beckham can hit at least 650 or 675 OPS-wise, but who ever knows how he'll do from one year to the next?

Ryan Howard has 3.75 years and $100 million remaining on his contract.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 22, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
Ryan Howard has 3.75 years and $100 million remaining on his contract.

That's where the KW-ish Jim Thome "subsidized" deal would come in...

Would the Phillies be willing to eat 50-60% of that contract to get it off the books?

Would the White Sox be willing to invest that much money into a veteran hitter past his prime?

Probably not.

It did work out well with Thome...and there's obviously a need for impact hitters in our line-up, but that one's probably not the right move at this point unless Konerko just walked into Reinsdorf's office and retired.

Edited by caulfield12