Dunn?

Vance Law

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 09:20 AM)
There are a lot of reasons. PK is one of them. Viciedo, Flowers, Ramirez, Keppinger, and yes Dunn. At least Dunn is going to hit 40 homers. It just does not fit when you have black holes in most other spots as well.

Dunn is fine as a DH if this is a good team. This is not a good team around him. Dunn needs guys on base. You want a real team in front of him as well as behind him in the lineup.

Sure at his price he should be a conveyor of success. But I dont necessarily take the most frustrating player to watch and immediately equate him with team failure.

The fact that he's the most frustrating player to experience is just our emotional response - nothing more.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 04:45 PM)
Nobody would care about this if they were getting the "all" at a reasonable pace. We've got too many "Nothing" hitters.

True, but this is the more likely result

Carl, lol?

The NBA ref?

Seriously, Crawford had 3 glove-side pucks blast past him (well, only one was a laser beam)...maybe he's been hanging out with Tyler Flowers and Gimenez recently.

Lucky to get that one. 3-1 down and they were history. But the Blackhawks still need to win Saturday.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 02:23 PM)
Not sure why this thread was brought back considering Dunn's June.

.254/.351/.571 6 HR 14 RBI in 17 games. 10/16 BB/K. OPS .923.

Well most of you weren't hating on Dunn but maybe the ones that were just love to hate? The guy is improving and probably has been our best player this month.

I brought it back because I asked why nobody was ragging on Konerko. Then I realized that strikeouts are worse then every other out because they look worse. Then I stopped posting about it.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 05:40 PM)
I brought it back because I asked why nobody was ragging on Konerko. Then I realized that strikeouts are worse then every other out because they look worse. Then I stopped posting about it.

No one's ragging on Konerko because he's a had a fantastic and fairly consistent career of like 15 years and he just sucks now because he's 37, always injured, and generally cooked. His career is ending, that's all.

Dunn is like 31 and signed a huge deal with us only to immediately suck. Way different.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 10:17 AM)
No one's ragging on Konerko because he's a had a fantastic and fairly consistent career of like 15 years and he just sucks now because he's 37, always injured, and generally cooked. His career is ending, that's all.

Dunn is like 31 and signed a huge deal with us only to immediately suck. Way different.

Well, Dunn is 33, and he's never been as consistent as Konerko. Thankfully he's only signed for one more year. Unless he's traded (ha!), he'll be around next year, frustrating us while somehow hitting 30+ HRs. Right now, though, he's not one of the biggest problems on this team.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 11:02 AM)
Well, Dunn is 33, and he's never been as consistent as Konerko. Thankfully he's only signed for one more year. Unless he's traded (ha!), he'll be around next year, frustrating us while somehow hitting 30+ HRs. Right now, though, he's not one of the biggest problems on this team.

Before Dunn came to the Sox, he was a far more consistent player than Konerko has ever been. He was actually one of the most consistent players in baseball year to year.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 11:02 AM)

Until 2011, Adam Dunn was a far more consistent player than Konerko. Dunn was pretty much the same guy every year whereas PK had several mulligan-worthy seasons over the course of his career. It's looking more and more like Adam will have a yet another ~40 HR/90-100 RBI season this year, which is par for the course for his career. Will be interesting to see how the peripherals add up when it's all said and done.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 04:27 AM)
If Hahn can find a team willing to take on $1 - $2 million this year and $5 - 6 million next year, I hope he doesn't hesitate to dump Dunn's contract.

I guess.

But if Rios, Dunn and Konerko are all gone....and Viciedo struggling mightily, who will actually hit (and hit with power) for us next year?

Gordon Beckham? Gillaspie/Keppinger at 3B?

Almost every position could be replaced on the field, including DeAza, Ramirez and especially catcher.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 07:22 AM)
big deal, they haven't hit this year so what's the difference if they are gone.

So what you're saying is that because they haven't hit THIS year they will never hit again. There is no use keeping a player who is having a bad year?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 10:36 AM)
I guess.

But if Rios, Dunn and Konerko are all gone....and Viciedo struggling mightily, who will actually hit (and hit with power) for us next year?

Gordon Beckham? Gillaspie/Keppinger at 3B?

Almost every position could be replaced on the field, including DeAza, Ramirez and especially catcher.

I guess? Don't tell me you are softening. If you can dump Dunn, do it now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 03:59 PM)
I guess? Don't tell me you are softening. If you can dump Dunn, do it now.

This is one place where I'm not going to stop agreeing with Greg. If there's anything you can do to clear a decent portion of Dunn's contract, you have to do it.