You're Hahn, who are you looking to trade first?

caulfield12

Pick the player you think it's important to move first  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which player has the most value now but is likely to lose some

• Jesse Crain
    • Matt Thornton
    • Matt Lindstrom
    • Alexei Ramirez
    • Alex Rios
    • Erik Johnson
    • Dayan Viciedo
    • Conor Gillaspie
    • Alejandro DeAza
    • Dylan Axelrod

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sale (imo) goes nowhere unless Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Manny Machado or Buster Posey are coming back. I know the injury risk. But f*** it. You just gotta cross your fingers and hope for the best. Elite, cost-controlled, or in Sale's case, team-friendly contracts such as the one he just signed are by far the most valuable commodity in the new-modern age of baseball.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 09:31 PM)
Sale (imo) goes nowhere unless Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Manny Machado or Buster Posey are coming back. I know the injury risk. But f*** it. You just gotta cross your fingers and hope for the best. Elite, cost-controlled, or in Sale's case, team-friendly contracts such as the one he just signed are by far the most valuable commodity in the new-modern age of baseball.

Which is why I asked for way more than the original proposal.

One of the Talking Heads at ESPN listed a few candidates to be traded, and he had Crain at the top of the list. This was during the Sunday night game, I believe. What can we get for him?

Edited by oldsox

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 11:31 PM)

I agree. Say what you want about the state of the Sox right now, but with Sale's contract, he could easily be the ace on the next Sox playoff team. You can't just dump him for unproven minor leaguers, no matter how hyped up they are as prospects.

Unless Crain suffers a devastating breakdown/injury he will likely be traded. I'd like to see us get at least a near-ready prospect and another with a couple years to go. Maybe a trade with the Red Sox for Xander Bogaerts and Garin Cecchini?

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 09:46 AM)
LOL

ok, ok probably the right response. Trying to provide some specifics because its pretty much agreed-upon that Crain is going to go. Looking for some 3B/SS prospects, with Alexei playing like a bag of doorknobs and the hot corner currently not looking so hot.

QUOTE (MaggsOrdonez @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 08:26 AM)
Unless Crain suffers a devastating breakdown/injury he will likely be traded. I'd like to see us get at least a near-ready prospect and another with a couple years to go. Maybe a trade with the Red Sox for Xander Bogaerts and Garin Cecchini?

rofl

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 04:13 AM)
One of the Talking Heads at ESPN listed a few candidates to be traded, and he had Crain at the top of the list. This was during the Sunday night game, I believe. What can we get for him?

Crain is having a phenomenal year but hard to say what we could get for him. I'd imagine he will be the most sought after Sox so we will be fielding offers from maybe 5-10 different teams.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 04:23 PM)
Dunn isn't even the worst player in the last 10 years. Probably not even close.

I know. It's tough for him to be the worst player in White Sox history when he's not even the worst player on the current team.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
I know. It's tough for him to be the worst player in White Sox history when he's not even the worst player on the current team.

Worst player paid over $10 million per season by the Sox. Rios in 2011 would be close.

Although some would argue John Danks in 2012, albeit not fair when he was injured for most of last season.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 11:17 PM)
Worst player paid over $10 million per season by the Sox. Rios in 2011 would be close.

Although some would argue John Danks in 2012, albeit not fair when he was injured for most of last season.

Well considering it was only 15 years ago that Albert Belle signed the biggest contract in baseball history for like $50 million, yeah, I'm sure. He's not the biggest free agent bust in White Sox history either.

Nobody would argue John Danks in 2012. Nobody.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 08:13 AM)
His 2011 was the worst season in White Sox history though.

There is no argument here.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,3888104.story

Mr. Hahn doesn't seem totally convinced yet, although what else is he going to say publically at this point.

It does seem that most of us here at Soxtalk have resigned ourselves to this fate however, as the debate about whether to be sellers or buyers has seemingly morphed into who we sell, for what and when.

Edited by balfanman

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 09:10 AM)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,3888104.story

Mr. Hahn doesn't seem totally convinced yet, although what else is he going to say publically at this point.

It does seem that most of us here at Soxtalk have resigned ourselves to this fate however, as the debate about whether to be sellers or buyers has seemingly morphed into who we sell, for what and when.

No reason to make any deals at this point unless someone is going to overpay. As the deadline gets closer and more injuries and suspensions occur, contenders will get more desperate and pay more of a premium.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 02:10 PM)
There are no long term answers anywhere in the lineup right now, and the system is still pretty weak. For Crain, you just take the best offer you get.

If this is the case I would argue that we keep Crain and sign him for a couple more years. He Jones and Reed, if we believe Addison is the answer to our closer need, can really solidfy that 7-8-9th inning close out of games.