6.9 games

fathom

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 03:34 PM)
Micah Johnson, 2/4 with a 2B, RBI.

Now hitting .330/.420/.503/.923 with 13 2B, 7 3B, 4 HR, 33 BB, 47 K, 49 SB.

I think it's really time to push him to W/S. Dump OF Richmond, or SS Curley and give Micah a chance to see better competition.

I think we will see that in the next week or two. No reason to keep him in Kanny anymore, he can obviously perform there.

QUOTE (staxx @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 05:35 PM)
I think we will see that in the next week or two. No reason to keep him in Kanny anymore, he can obviously perform there.

You want the players to enjoy the experience of their respective league's All-Star games before they're promoted...there's no pressing reason to move him up this week, versus next.

Most organizations have this philosophy with players that are progressing, unless it's a AA/AAA player needed at the big league level (like Puig for Chattanooga).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 09:18 PM)
Floridafan, any idea why Micah Johnson left today's game early?

K-Town Intimidators ‏@Intimidators 5h

Michael Johnson replacing Micah Johnson at 2B in Bot 5 after Micah took a foul ball off his leg while leading off 3B in Top 5. Game tied 3-3

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 03:34 PM)
Micah Johnson, 2/4 with a 2B, RBI.

Now hitting .330/.420/.503/.923 with 13 2B, 7 3B, 4 HR, 33 BB, 47 K, 49 SB.

I think it's really time to push him to W/S. Dump OF Richmond, or SS Curley and give Micah a chance to see better competition.

Question becomes what do you do with Joey DeMichele? after a terrible start to the season he's gotten it going especially as of late

In May he looked competent: .265/.349/.407 - .756OPS 14/23 BB/K with 6SB/2CS with 15 XBH

Through June .341/.386/.415 - .801OPS 3/7 BB/K

Maybe they really push Micah and bring him to AA.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 04:50 AM)
K-Town Intimidators ‏@Intimidators 5h

Michael Johnson replacing Micah Johnson at 2B in Bot 5 after Micah took a foul ball off his leg while leading off 3B in Top 5. Game tied 3-3

Thanks

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 11:54 PM)
Question becomes what do you do with Joey DeMichele? after a terrible start to the season he's gotten it going especially as of late

In May he looked competent: .265/.349/.407 - .756OPS 14/23 BB/K with 6SB/2CS with 15 XBH

Through June .341/.386/.415 - .801OPS 3/7 BB/K

Maybe they really push Micah and bring him to AA.

That's why I said cut/trade Curley. He is having a good year, but he is like 25 years old in High-A.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 11:22 PM)
That's why I said cut/trade Curley. He is having a good year, but he is like 25 years old in High-A.

The best move is to move Curley to third and bench David Herbek. While the main goal of a minor league team isn't to win, but you still want to field a team of good players out there so your core prospects have a better chance to develop, so it won't make sense to get rid of your most productive hitter this season, even if he's 25.