Who are our trading partners?

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 12:59 PM)
I would really like to see Axelrod get traded for a high upside low floor major league player that hasn't figured it out yet someone like the following: moustakas, conger, ackley, montero, or ike davis and a low minors live arm coming back as well.

I would love that but I'm not sure Axelrod brings back a former top pick/current bust unless that player is just about out of options & the team is contending. I think we could maybe get a Harrell type too, who was always out of options, and was also always talented, but Harrell never had anyone really behind him nationally. Either way, I think #5 is Erik Johnson's spot for the time being, so if Johnson isn't read (and there's no reason to rush him) then I'd like to give Axe's innings to someone else with a higher ceiling, since the games don't matter. A position player would be best though if we could do that.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like to see Axelrod get traded for a high upside low floor major league player that hasn't figured it out yet someone like the following: moustakas, conger, ackley, montero, or ike davis and a low minors live arm coming back as well.

I would love that but I'm not sure Axelrod brings back a former top pick/current bust unless that player is just about out of options & the team is contending. I think we could maybe get a Harrell type too, who was also out of options, and was also always talented, but Harrell never had anyone really behind him nationally. Either way, I think #5 is Erik Johnson's spot for the time being, so if Johnson isn't read (and there's no reason to rush him) then I'd like to give Axe's innings to someone else with a higher ceiling, since the games don't matter. A position player would be best though if we could do that.

There is no way on God's green earth the SOX could get Moustakas, Ackley, Montero or Ike Davis for Axe straight up, let alone with another piece coming the SOX way.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 07:25 AM)
I still can't imagine anyone would give up anything of serious value for him. I pretty much expect him to remain "much more valuable to the Sox over the next 3+ years than he would be in a trade".

Depends what you call "serious value". Might be a contender out there especially in the NL, that needs a 5th starter type who is more valuable to the rest of this season who has a blocked prospect with decent upside who they'd be willing to move. Axe has to cooperate and and have some more decent starts though going forward. But if Peavy is traded I doubt any of our other starters are unless we get some very good returns.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 01:43 PM)
There is no way on God's green earth the SOX could get Moustakas, Ackley, Montero or Ike Davis for Axe straight up, let alone with another piece coming the SOX way.

I disagree as it stands now Axelrod is in the same range right now as Matt Moore, Ryan Dempster and Kyle Loshe in terms of war so far, hes cost controlled and appears to be a competent back end starter that wont kill a winning streak, that has value especially when its cost controlled. The sox have a better option in Erik Johnson waiting down in the minors. Everyone of those players i mentioned hasn't put it togeather at the major league level. You're overvaluing their ceiling vs. their actual performance and undervaluing Axelrod's performance vs. his floor.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 01:32 PM)
I disagree as it stands now Axelrod is in the same range right now as Matt Moore, Ryan Dempster and Kyle Loshe in terms of war so far, hes cost controlled and appears to be a competent back end starter that wont kill a winning streak, that has value especially when its cost controlled. The sox have a better option in Erik Johnson waiting down in the minors. Everyone of those players i mentioned hasn't put it togeather at the major league level. You're overvaluing their ceiling vs. their actual performance and undervaluing Axelrod's performance vs. his floor.

Yeah any stat that puts Axe as the same value as Moore, I am going to believe is pretty flawed.