"You keep playing hard and eventually the sun comes out."

caulfield12

Because everyone loves polls here at SoxTalk  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robin Ventura's quote be the tagline for the 2nd half?

• You Keep Playing Hard and Eventually the Sun Comes Out.
    • The White Sox are still playing?
    • Where's Phegley?
    • This is the year we have a winning record against KC and spoil their chances.
    • Billy Pierce Statue Fever, Catch It! in Mel Allen voice
    • I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up
    • Time for Rick Hahn to earn his money.
    • First 1000 fans can choose whether to insert Heath, Troncoso or Omogrosso into a game.
    • Unsolved Mysteries: White Sox Defense
    • Wake me up when September comes and I can see new players who will strike out ignominiously

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 07:18 AM)
"I can't believe I read the whole thing."

Can't sleep. Still on China time. Jet lag. Oh, well.

Only two hours until World War Z(ambrano).

Just for entertainment's sake, shouldn't we sign him and put Carlos on our Charlotte roster as a DH just to give Phil Rogers something to write about? He could be like Brooks Kieschnick.

One of the 10 options should have been..."The more they suck, the higher Greg775's chances of scoring free tickets increase."

annie061204_198.jpg

The sun'll come out tomorrow

Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun

Just thinkin' about tomorrow

Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow till there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely

I just stick out my chin and grin and say

So you got to hang on till tomorrow, came what may!

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow

You're always a FIVE YEARS away

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 10:49 AM)
annie061204_198.jpg

Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun

Just thinkin' about tomorrow

Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow till there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely

I just stick out my chin and grin and say

So you got to hang on till tomorrow, came what may!

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow

You're always a FIVE YEARS away

Actually, tomorrow is always a day away. If tomorrow were 5 years away, we'd be in a lot of trouble for a lot of different reasons.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 09:00 AM)
Best of 21, Hawks vs. Bruins. Spare the city from bad baseball.

If it goes 7 games, parade on Friday...that can get the city through next weekend, or talking about the future of the team win or lose on Saturday and Sunday.

Then you have the distraction of the All-Star Break and the trade deadline to get you through the end of July.

New players to watch from August on, Bears' Camp (god, that gets old in a hurry, hearing them talk about the offensive line for a couple of hours), college football season, British Open and PGA championships, Wimbledon and the US Open for tennis, somehow everyone will survive.

There's always summer movies, too.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 01:07 PM)
If it goes 7 games, parade on Friday...that can get the city through next weekend, or talking about the future of the team win or lose on Saturday and Sunday.

Then you have the distraction of the All-Star Break and the trade deadline to get you through the end of July.

New players to watch from August on, Bears' Camp (god, that gets old in a hurry, hearing them talk about the offensive line for a couple of hours), college football season, British Open and PGA championships, Wimbledon and the US Open for tennis, somehow everyone will survive.

There's always summer movies, too.

I can't stand football. I know I'm in the extreme minority but I just think it's the dumbest sport, and all they do is talk football like 9 months of the year. I can't even turn on the radio unless there's a game on. But that's better anyway, those guys are all blowhards.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 12:17 PM)
I can't stand football. I know I'm in the extreme minority but I just think it's the dumbest sport, and all they do is talk football like 9 months of the year. I can't even turn on the radio unless there's a game on. But that's better anyway, those guys are all blowhards.

To me, the only thing worse is "Track Talk" about Nascar.

Love college football, and used to love the NFL when my favorite team (Dolphins) was good back in the 80's and 90's, but yeah....it's the most inane thing in world, listening to hour after hour of talk about the salary cap and off-season workouts, non-contact drills, etc.

I think the NFL is running the risk of over-saturating their audience...it's just too much these days.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 01:22 PM)

Love college football, and used to love the NFL when my favorite team (Dolphins) was good back in the 80's and 90's, but yeah....it's the most inane thing in world, listening to hour after hour of talk about the salary cap and off-season workouts, non-contact drills, etc.

I think the NFL is running the risk of over-saturating their audience...it's just too much these days.

I don't think so. They talk football 12 months out of the year and it's as popular as ever.

I can't stand football. I know I'm in the extreme minority but I just think it's the dumbest sport, and all they do is talk football like 9 months a million months out of the year. I can't even turn on the radio unless there's a game on. But that's better anyway, those guys are all blowhards.

I'm on this good ship as well. I won't go out of my way tonot watch the NFL, but I'm perfectly content with not hearing a peep about it outside of the 20-30 minutes a week that I happen to be in a room with a tv that has the game on. The low end of "casual fandom". It's interesting to look back and see how that has changed since high school when I actually played the sport.

Worse than Nascar talk, though, is Fantasy Football talk. The world would be a better place without Fantasy Football and any talk pertaining to it.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 02:07 PM)
Worse than Nascar talk, though, is Fantasy Football talk. The world would be a better place without Fantasy Football and any talk pertaining to it.

Fantasy football is awesome, but discussing it on ESPN is stupid. 30 for 30's are really the only thing ESPN is good for anymore

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 03:01 PM)
I hope that there isn't too much sun because I've heard that Gordon Beckham sucks in the day.

Classic thread

What, you don't get excited by delay of game penalties, or false starts, offsides, etc? You don't lke 10-12 commercials after a TD, which is followed by a kickoff out of the end zone, followed by six more commercials? The two minute warning doesn't turn your crank?

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 01:17 PM)

ESPN has ruined the NFL for me. Why over hype that doesn't need hype.

I live in a warm climate. I have a hard time staying indoors during the NFL season because the weather starts to get nice. Back in the Mid West after October the NFL was a couch potato activity. Watching the NFL is about 9 hours of your Sunday if you chose to watch every game.