You = Hahn. Do you heavily shop Reed, Yes or No?

You are Hahn. Do you heavily shop Reed for what you would consider fair market value for a pre-arb closer mid season?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

and has been great for almost a half year this year. No team is going to give up a ton for a guy like that.

And why exactly does that make it a bad time to trade Reed? He will build up more value if he closes out games against the Tigers when the Sox are 15-20 games back?

As far as Reed, the only clear competition out there now is probably Papelbon, but who in God's name wants to take on that ugly contract for a closer when he's just as likely to go all Brad Lidge on you.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 12:27 PM)
Rios and Crain will obviously get us more now. Lindstrom because of his salary being so low, and Thornton will be one of those typical salary dumps where we get back a negligible return.

Peavy, the injury makes it a good debate about holding on to him. Ramirez, it could go either way.

If Dunn stays hot another month, he could make things very interesting, so could Konerko.

Regarding Thornton, I think the Sox will get more than people realize. Nothing special, but a guy with a chance to be a starting player at some point down the road.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 12:44 PM)
Why even try dealing DeAza? Who is going to give up anything of significance for him alone? He's like Lindstrom, Thornton, he's an add-on. You expand the deal if the team you're talking Crain/Reed/Rios/Peavy/Alexei with has a need for an OF & you want to get a better player than what is being offered.

#1, I'm not saying deal De Aza, I'm saying I'd deal him before Reed. #2, you have to considering diminishing returns here. What do you think you'll be able to get for De Aza next year, or the following year? He's not someone you have to deal, but if you get what you feel is a fair offer, then I'd say deal him. He is absolutely an adequate corner outfielder, especially in today's game.

You're still ignoring the one most obvious point, which is that Reed during the middle of the season is goign to be worth a lot more. There are no more internal options for some clubs, because you can't just keep losing games/overworking your pen and "living with the mistakes" or whatever your young players are giving you. Also, there are setup men who could be tried as closers as well as closers on the FA market, you have to compete with them as well.

The Sox have the best reliever available on the market in Crain. That's closing option #1. The Sox also have Lindstrom available who has closed games semi-effectively before. That's #2. If teams are looking for closers, those are who you deal. If someone blows you away with an offer for Reed, you take it, no problem, but I don't foresee that happening, not yet anyways.

Reed's value right now will likely never be higher. I still have yet to see any convincing argument against trading him. We're going to be bad the rest of this year, probably at least not very good next year, and we can't reasonably hope to contend seriously until at least 2015. So you hold onto Reed for what?

Because his value isn't at its highest? You are seriously talking about half a year's worth of success. If he finishes strong this year and puts up a 2.00 ERA , 1.00 WHIP, 10 K/9, and 4 K/BB again next year leading up to the deadline, with 3 years remaining until he's a free agent, don't you think he'll be more valuable?

You hold on to Reed in the event that, with more experience, he gets better and better. It's not an unfounded theory.

And Kimbrel... the Braves are contending, what does he have to do with anything? He's not available. Reed is the best guy on the market. The Sox have Crain, Thornton, Lindstrom, even Axe as a longman, to add to a deal. A team with major bullpen concerns could be saved by Rick Hahn. But there's a hefty price for that, which is why you put that option out there. How much is a WS championship worth to the Tigers right now? Are you really going to hang onto that prospect/young player (who is unproven and maybe a bust anyway) and risk toileting an entire season?

Kimbrel is arguably the best closer in the game going forward. I'm saying Reed can be top 5. Right now, he might be top 15. His value can increase.

You're asking Ricky Hahn to chop his balls off. I'm asking him to flaunt them, shake them around, let those little beads of ball sweat fling off like little rockets & coat the faces of his competitors. That's all I'm saying, f*** yeah, trade Reed.

If the offer is there.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 01:19 PM)
and has been great for almost a half year this year. No team is going to give up a ton for a guy like that.

And why exactly does that make it a bad time to trade Reed? He will build up more value if he closes out games against the Tigers when the Sox are 15-20 games back?

As far as Reed, the only clear competition out there now is probably Papelbon, but who in God's name wants to take on that ugly contract for a closer when he's just as likely to go all Brad Lidge on you.

It's not a bad time to trade Reed IF YOU GET THE OFFER.

And yes, if he continues to prove to be effective, he will build value. What the f*** is so hard to understand about that?

Oh, and for Reed? The clear competition is JESSE CRAIN.

These last two posts make me feel like Walter Sobchak. HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 12:55 PM)
Regarding Thornton, I think the Sox will get more than people realize. Nothing special, but a guy with a chance to be a starting player at some point down the road.

#1, I'm not saying deal De Aza, I'm saying I'd deal him before Reed. #2, you have to considering diminishing returns here. What do you think you'll be able to get for De Aza next year, or the following year? He's not someone you have to deal, but if you get what you feel is a fair offer, then I'd say deal him. He is absolutely an adequate corner outfielder, especially in today's game.

The Sox have the best reliever available on the market in Crain. That's closing option #1. The Sox also have Lindstrom available who has closed games semi-effectively before. That's #2. If teams are looking for closers, those are who you deal. If someone blows you away with an offer for Reed, you take it, no problem, but I don't foresee that happening, not yet anyways.

Because his value isn't at its highest? You are seriously talking about half a year's worth of success. If he finishes strong this year and puts up a 2.00 ERA , 1.00 WHIP, 10 K/9, and 4 K/BB again next year leading up to the deadline, with 3 years remaining until he's a free agent, don't you think he'll be more valuable?

You hold on to Reed in the event that, with more experience, he gets better and better. It's not an unfounded theory.

Kimbrel is arguably the best closer in the game going forward. I'm saying Reed can be top 5. Right now, he might be top 15. His value can increase.

If the offer is there.

It's not a bad time to trade Reed IF YOU GET THE OFFER.

And yes, if he continues to prove to be effective, he will build value. What the f*** is so hard to understand about that?

Oh, and for Reed? The clear competition is JESSE CRAIN.

These last two posts make me feel like Walter Sobchak. HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY?

What's so hard to understand about the fact that we've yet to face the Tigers, and Reed pitched against the easiest schedule in all of MLB so far...and he's just as likely to regress or end up ineffective in the 2nd half of the season?

Crain has almost NEVER been used as a closer his entire career.

All of a sudden, all these national baseball writers are suggesting it (because of the contract risk taking on the Papelbon deal), but that doesn't mean he'd do it any better than, say, Santiago or Matt Thornton.

They didn't call him Crain Wreck in Minnesota for no reason.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 11:33 AM)
Really, the difference in what you'd get for Ramirez, Peavy, or Reed would not be any different this offseason than it would at the deadline. The Mariners traded Adam Jones, George Sherrill, Chris Tillman, and two others for Erik Bedard. The Tigers, Cubs, and Red Sox gave the Marlins a zillion players in their deals. The only reason you deal those guys right now is

1) if you feel you are getting max value

2) you feel that said players are at max value

Yes, you have to deal guys like Crain, Thornton, and Lindstrom because they are free agents to be, but there's no need to deal the first 3 mentioned because they really are not going to lose value between now and then.

Rios could lose value. The outfield class is pretty deep and diverse so trading him now while he is currently the best offensive bat makes sense. I'll "concede" that point. There could be others that become available between now and mid July too. Then again, you can keep him in the off chance you compete next year.

But to suggest that you are going to get more or less for Ramirez, Peavy, or Reed right now is silly. Ramirez is going to be one of the best SS's available both in July and December - your free agent shortstops are Peralta, Drew, Yunel Escobar, and Furcal. That is, quite frankly, a terrible class. There are all kinds of high upside starters that can be brought in during free agency, but most will be high risk as well. And Reed is a 24 year old closer who will end the year with just over 2 years of service time who is currently averaging 9+ K/9 with a 4 K/BB. If you want to shop him now, you can, but unless his arm blows up between now and December (knock on wood), his value will go UP.

The only 3 that need to be moved are the 3 relievers I mentioned. Rios would be a good one to trade too, but, as mentioned, he doesn't have to go anywhere. Same goes for Ramirez, Peavy, and Reed.

They don't need to go anywhere, but this team won't get any better in the future with them playing things out. The difference between now and winter is that teams can fill their holes through free agency, go into the season with a wildcard at a position (Tyler Flowers), or make a deal with any number of teams to make deals with are smaller (supply and demand). The amount of quality SS's available next month may be two, in December it may be four, which drives down the possible return. The more teams that are in contention, the higher the value of your assets. In the winter when no one is contending for anything it is a lot more difficult to drive up the price of your return. You could argue that in a vacuum that if a player is an A today they are an A in December, but GM's don't operate in a vacuum and there are market conditions that affect the value of players. You mention that class of SS's for the offseason, Furcal has already been replaced, Escobar and Drew will be replaced internally, and more than likely Peralta resigns. So you have three more SS's on the market to provide teams alternatives to Alexei at a lower financial commitment and without giving up prospects. Sure they may not be as good, but they are all good enough to justify not giving up much in a trade. In July, there are no alternatives, pay our price or go sign some independent league guy. The point is it is a lot easier to drive up prices now than when the market is wide open.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 12:44 PM)
Reed's value right now will likely never be higher. I still have yet to see any convincing argument against trading him. We're going to be bad the rest of this year, probably at least not very good next year, and we can't reasonably hope to contend seriously until at least 2015. So you hold onto Reed for what?

This is where I believe your premise for trading Reed and a few others is flawed, IMO. I do not believe that Rick Hahn and the Sox front office believes for one minute that the team won't be competitive next season, and I tend to agree with them. You have the pitching, trade anyone not in next years plan, maybe.....maybe one or two more if.....IF you get an offer you can't refuse, and pick up a bat or two in trade or however in the offseason, and go again.

That said the guy I really want gone is DeAza, I loved him last year, but this year he is a completely different ballplayer, and that's not a good thing. I think that they will trade Crain, Thornton, Lindstrom and maybe 1 starter. They might part with 1 position player, depending on who, if any of them, they now think they can better replace next year (Viciedo?, Konerko?, DeAza).

They could hold off on the starter and position players until the offseason if they don't get a good offer. I just think, they think, they have the pitching and will try to revamp the offense for next year.

Edited by balfanman

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)
This is where I believe your premise for trading Reed and a few others is flawed, IMO. I do not believe that Rick Hahn and the Sox front office believes for one minute that the team won't be competitive next season, and I tend to agree with them. You have the pitching, trade anyone not in next years plan, maybe.....maybe one or two more if.....IF you get an offer you can't refuse, and pick up a bat or two in trade or however in the offseason, and go again.

That said the guy I really want gone is DeAza, I loved him last year, but this year he is a completely different ballplayer, and that's not a good thing. I think that they will trade Crain, Thornton, Lindstrom and maybe 1 starter. They might part with 1 position player, depending on who, if any of them, they now think they can better replace next year (Viciedo?, Konerko?, DeAza).

They could hold off on the starter and position players until the offseason if they don't get a good offer. I just think, they think, they have the pitching and will try to revamp the offense for next year.

If we trade our players we want rid of, that is all we will get back is players that other organizations dont have plans for in the future. You have to trade value to get value. And I cannot believe anyone believes this team will be better next year. Danks will come up to replace PK with De Aza sliding to LF and Viciedo going to 1B.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 03:51 PM)
If we trade our players we want rid of, that is all we will get back is players that other organizations dont have plans for in the future. You have to trade value to get value. And I cannot believe anyone believes this team will be better next year. Danks will come up to replace PK with De Aza sliding to LF and Viciedo going to 1B.

the only case in which the scenario you lay out is likely is if they decide to cut their payroll into the $90 million range (a $30 million cut from this year).

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 02:51 PM)

So they shed $5.5 mill in Thornton, $4.5 mill in Crain, $2 mill in Lindstrom, $6 mill in Konerko ($7 mill this year, $1 mill installements from from 2014 thru 2020), $9.5 mill in Floyd, anyone they may trade this year, plus an additional $25 million in revenue, and you believe that they won't make a single move in free agency or the trade market. We are talking upwards of $50 million for them to spend this offseason.

You might see Danks play out the year, but I would strongly, strongly doubt they go into next season with him as the starter. I doubt they go into next season with Viciedo at 1B too. I think trying to figure anything out like that right now is farfetched and absurd.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 01:59 PM)
What's so hard to understand about the fact that we've yet to face the Tigers, and Reed pitched against the easiest schedule in all of MLB so far...and he's just as likely to regress or end up ineffective in the 2nd half of the season?

Crain has almost NEVER been used as a closer his entire career.

All of a sudden, all these national baseball writers are suggesting it (because of the contract risk taking on the Papelbon deal), but that doesn't mean he'd do it any better than, say, Santiago or Matt Thornton.

They didn't call him Crain Wreck in Minnesota for no reason.

Yeah Crain may get a shot at closing, and he may actually perform well, but a team is going to be a little concerned whether they should give up a nice looking prospect for a player who is not only a rental but is unproven as a closer & could very well blow up in their faces.

The Sox really need to be active this year. There should really be no question as to whether or not this team needs talent. It's as glaring as it is has ever been. I mean s***, when is the last time the Sox had just about nothing as far as run producers? This team has always had thumpers, where are they now? God damn we need talent.

Why do you all assume that we know more about our players than Major League front offices do? No one is going to be tricked here. They know what Reed is, they know what Crain is. If they believe Crain has changed, they'll want him. If they think it's luck, they won't. All the same applies to Reed. Their scouts will determine how they see our players, the market (how many buyers are interested) will dictate their costs.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 02:58 PM)
So they shed $5.5 mill in Thornton, $4.5 mill in Crain, $2 mill in Lindstrom, $6 mill in Konerko ($7 mill this year, $1 mill installements from from 2014 thru 2020), $9.5 mill in Floyd, anyone they may trade this year, plus an additional $25 million in revenue, and you believe that they won't make a single move in free agency or the trade market. We are talking upwards of $50 million for them to spend this offseason.

You might see Danks play out the year, but I would strongly, strongly doubt they go into next season with him as the starter. I doubt they go into next season with Viciedo at 1B too. I think trying to figure anything out like that right now is farfetched and absurd.

If the Sox dump a lot of money in deadline deals, then trade the Jakemeister in the offseason, they will be able to offer a FA deal to a RHP to take Jake's current spot (placeholder probably, taking up innings while Johnson/whoever settles into the #5 spot) and then they should also be able to pick up at least 2 run producers to fit somewhere in either LF/CF/RF/1B/3B/DH/C. They might even be able to get 3 if they get a buy low type looking for playing time on a 1-year deal.

But as always, there's the Torii Hunter rule. Can't count on anything.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 04:04 PM)
If the Sox dump a lot of money in deadline deals, then trade the Jakemeister in the offseason, they will be able to offer a FA deal to a RHP to take Jake's current spot (placeholder probably, taking up innings while Johnson/whoever settles into the #5 spot) and then they should also be able to pick up at least 2 run producers to fit somewhere in either LF/CF/RF/1B/3B/DH/C. They might even be able to get 3 if they get a buy low type looking for playing time on a 1-year deal.

They really don't need to offer a FA to replace Jake IMO...they might need to do so to replace one of the lefties if they can move them. Even if Peavy is moved they're 6 deep in the rotation counting Johnson for next season. The question will be whether they want to roll with such a lefty-heavy rotation. If they don't, then one of them will need to be moved, and that could leave them buying a pitcher this offseason.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 03:04 PM)

If you trade Peavy, there's no reason they should bring in another RHP. Just roll with Sale/Santiago/Quintana/Johnson/Danks in whatever order. No need to give $3 mill to a retread only to have him pitch terribly and get DFA'd in June. That's what the Twins did in the last 2000's.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
If you trade Peavy, there's no reason they should bring in another RHP. Just roll with Sale/Santiago/Quintana/Johnson/Danks in whatever order. No need to give $3 mill to a retread only to have him pitch terribly and get DFA'd in June. That's what the Twins did in the last 2000's.

It'd definitely be an interesting gamble to see a team go with that lefty-heavy of a rotation.

I also still think there's a 50/50 shot the Sox will sign Floyd to a minor league/1 year deal and stash him away on the DL/in a rehab stint until the 2nd half of the season.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 02:58 PM)

I don't see them making many major moves, I think they will re-sign Gavin to an incentive laden contract with options, they will make some more Lindstrom type moves to shore up the bullpen, and a Keppinger type move to get another OF, maybe someone like Delmon Young, but they won't be chasing big ticket free agents. I think this is a three year rebuild and they are going to hold their chips until they are ready to go all in again. I think they will use the money to go to player development and help improve the minor league system by spending more on scouting and roving coaches, and will focus more on the farm providing talent to either contribute at the major league level or to acquire pieces that will.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 04:22 PM)
I don't see them making many major moves, I think they will re-sign Gavin to an incentive laden contract with options, they will make some more Lindstrom type moves to shore up the bullpen, and a Keppinger type move to get another OF, maybe someone like Delmon Young, but they won't be chasing big ticket free agents. I think this is a three year rebuild and they are going to hold their chips until they are ready to go all in again. I think they will use the money to go to player development and help improve the minor league system by spending more on scouting and roving coaches, and will focus more on the farm providing talent to either contribute at the major league level or to acquire pieces that will.

I don't think they're going to dump $50 million on scouting and roving coaches ($30 million from salary savings, $25 million from bonus TV revenue).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 03:14 PM)
It'd definitely be an interesting gamble to see a team go with that lefty-heavy of a rotation.

I also still think there's a 50/50 shot the Sox will sign Floyd to a minor league/1 year deal and stash him away on the DL/in a rehab stint until the 2nd half of the season.

The idea of 4 lefties like that scares me. 2 Sales & it's okay, but those 4 = trouble IMO. Hopefully we can trade Danks in the offseason, because hopefully he''ll show something this year that makes a team want to do that. Otherwise I think you have to look at dealing Q or Santiago, which I really don't want to see.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 03:22 PM)

C - McCann, Saltalamacchia, Ruiz

1B - Lind, Morse, Napoli, Morales

2B - Cano, Utley, Zobrist

OF - Choo, Cruz, Granderson, Hart, Kubel, Murphy, Pence

Other than Cano and Choo, I don't foresee any of these guys getting monstrous deals. I mention Choo and Cano because they are the types of players the Sox could be interested in, but I would not count on them getting them.

McCann may be spendy, but he's not out of the realm of possibility either.

Really, it's not far fetched to think the Sox could add 3 of the above guys.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 04:31 PM)

Other than Cano and Choo, I don't foresee any of these guys getting monstrous deals. I mention Choo and Cano because they are the types of players the Sox could be interested in, but I would not count on them getting them.

And again I'll note...the moves the Sox do make will depend a lot on what happens this next month and 6 days. If they Sox come up with a MLB-ready OF somewhere, that makes signing an OF less likely. Ditto 1b. Phegley could come up and grab hold of the catcher's spot for next year and take that off the list.

We're going to need help somewhere and there are some guys who could be really nice fits for need on that list, but it's an open question of what the needs will be until we hit the deadline.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
And again I'll note...the moves the Sox do make will depend a lot on what happens this next month and 6 days. If they Sox come up with a MLB-ready OF somewhere, that makes signing an OF less likely. Ditto 1b. Phegley could come up and grab hold of the catcher's spot for next year and take that off the list.

We're going to need help somewhere and there are some guys who could be really nice fits for need on that list, but it's an open question of what the needs will be until we hit the deadline.

August and September should hopefully be exciting months for the die hards who have wanted to rebuild for a while. I think you could see as many as 6 new starters offensively and a whole slew of new pitchers in the bullpen.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 04:39 PM)
August and September should hopefully be exciting months for the die hards who have wanted to rebuild for a while. I think you could see as many as 6 new starters offensively and a whole slew of new pitchers in the bullpen.

It'd be clinically insane for there not to be some changes. At the very least, Phegley and 2 relievers ought to get their shots.

I'll be interested to see if they can find PT to give Wilkins a chance now that he's moved up to Charlotte. Would probably require someone taking on Konerko...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 03:43 PM)
It'd be clinically insane for there not to be some changes. At the very least, Phegley and 2 relievers ought to get their shots.

I'll be interested to see if they can find PT to give Wilkins a chance now that he's moved up to Charlotte. Would probably require someone taking on Konerko...

I think you approach Konerko and ask him what he wants. He's been hitting better (like .315 over his last 95 ABs with some power) so he could legitimately start. If he wants to go, try and get him to the best scenario for him. If he wants to stay, you respect his decision and you can still get Wilkins up. Dunn just puts on his circus uniform and plays a little bit of outfield.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 03:31 PM)

I don't see the catchers going anywhere, I think all three probably re-sign, Kubel and Zobrist have team options, Pence will get a qualifying offer, Granderson and Hart probably stay where they are to try and rebuild value. The realistic names on that list are probably Lind, Morse, and Cruz, the rest will make more than Sox should spend on them. Those are the types of moves the Cubs made for the last 20 years that kept them as a middle of the pack team. I really don't see them spending much money to block some of the players on the farm like Trayce Thompson and Carlos Sanchez who probably wont be ready until 2015. I see the Sox signing people like Kurt Suzuki and Kelly Johnson more as placeholders and platoon partners until they have more of a foundation. The Sox do not have a great track record of attracting big ticket free agents, Albert Belle and Adam Dunn are the closest I can remember and they had to vastly overpay both of them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 03:24 PM)
I don't think they're going to dump $50 million on scouting and roving coaches ($30 million from salary savings, $25 million from bonus TV revenue).

No, but I think they will rebuild in a way similar to San Diego has. Cut payroll way down to give the team flexibility to add salary and payoff ongoing obligations (deferred money) so that the team is in good position to add in the future. Not all of that money is free either, there will be raises both contractually and through the arbitration process.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 02:31 PM)

They're not going to just let Zobrist walk, in all likelihood. They might pick up the option and TRADE him next year, however.

10:$0.4381M, 11:$4.5M, 12:$4.5M, 13:$5.5M, 14:$7M club option ($2.5M buyout), 15:$7.5M club option ($0.5M buyout)

How much experience does Napoli have at 1B?

I suggested Ruiz when they were actually in "competitive mode" a month ago and it was shot down, some arguing because of age and PED's allegations.

Utley's going to be too expensive, and there's always a possibility the Phillies decide to keep him and Lee. Too much of a risk for the price tag.

Granderson can't hit lefties.

Pence is likely be out of their price range as well.

Cruz, you have the PED's issue hanging over him. That has to be resolved one way or the other.

Murphy, Kubel and Hart seem like more realistic possibilities, based on White Sox history.

That said, Kubel's not going to improve your defense at all, he might be a step down from Viciedo even...and then does that mean you're trading Dayan to replace him with a more expensive player in Kubel, or putting Dayan in RF to replace Rios?

Do you really want Kubel DHing full-time and Dunn playing 1B everyday, when we keep talking about needing to make improvements in our defense? Plus there's a 75% chance they keep him (2014:$7.5M option ($1M buyout).

Once again, unless you play Murphy in CF, you're going to have trade Viciedo or move him to 1B/DH. Or DeAza goes. Is paying Murphy twice as much as DeAza really going to help all that much in 2014, though?

Hart theoretically could play LF, RF or 1B/DH. Of all those options, I would probably target Murphy or Hart, if we're being forced to bargain shop on the FA market.

I guess Morse or Jason Bay would be other possibilities. It would be nice for Morse to come back home to his original organization, I suppose. Carlos Pena at 1B, etc.

Edited by caulfield12