NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Feb 21, 2014 -> 08:34 AM)
Wade playing like he did last night make the Heat absolutely unbeatable.

I was more impressed with their defense. It's post-all-star break now and time to get serious. I figured they were going to concede the #1 seed. That doesn't appear to be the case at all. Tell me that wouldn't demoralize the s*** out of Indy if they ended up with the #2 seed? It'd be more over than it already is.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason and Jake were right. This is bulls***. This team won't stop winning. I thought when they were 9-16 a legit shot at a future star was inevitable. Mirotic better be for real. Who does everyone want with the Bobcats pick? Multiple draft sites have the Bulls taking Rodney Hood as of right now. I don't watch Duke. How good is Hood?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 21, 2014 -> 08:48 PM)
Jason and Jake were right. This is bulls***. This team won't stop winning. I thought when they were 9-16 a legit shot at a future star was inevitable. Mirotic better be for real. Who does everyone want with the Bobcats pick? Multiple draft sites have the Bulls taking Rodney Hood as of right now. I don't watch Duke. How good is Hood?

He has a chance to be pretty damn good.. He would be our best SF on the roster probably. I would be happy with that pick.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 21, 2014 -> 07:16 PM)
I was more impressed with their defense. It's post-all-star break now and time to get serious. I figured they were going to concede the #1 seed. That doesn't appear to be the case at all. Tell me that wouldn't demoralize the s*** out of Indy if they ended up with the #2 seed? It'd be more over than it already is.

Yup, I give Indy a 50-50 tops chance of beating Miam if they have HCA, if they don't, foggedaboudit.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Feb 22, 2014 -> 08:54 PM)
Bobcats keep on winning. 4 in a row now, 8 of their last 11....Up to the 7 seed, 3 games up from the bottom 10.

Buttt, their next 4 games are against the top 4 teams in the league.

Didn't realize how good Al Jefferson has been (tonight excluded). MJ finally with a good move.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 22, 2014 -> 09:00 PM)
Didn't realize how good Al Jefferson has been (tonight excluded). MJ finally with a good move.

The beauty of lowered standards - "this year, we'd like to not be the worst team in the East"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 22, 2014 -> 03:29 PM)
According to Aldridge, the Bulls are looking at signing Big Baby off the scrap heap

QUOTE (scs787 @ Feb 22, 2014 -> 03:55 PM)
Granger is also a rumored possibility.

Last I read the Bulls were only going to have enough space under the luxury tax to sign guys briefly to 10-day contracts and cut them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 23, 2014 -> 12:41 PM)
Last I read the Bulls were only going to have enough space under the luxury tax to sign guys briefly to 10-day contracts and cut them.

Yea KC Johnson keeps saying that too. I'm not gonna pretend I understand the cap so I have no idea if/how it would work

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 23, 2014 -> 02:02 PM)
Yea KC Johnson keeps saying that too. I'm not gonna pretend I understand the cap so I have no idea if/how it would work

From my understanding they're currently safe if they don't spend any additional money beyond 10-days. They can sign people to 10-day contracts but not for the full season. They could have more room if Gibson and Noah don't earn bonuses in their contracts, but both guys seem on their way to doing so.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 23, 2014 -> 01:04 PM)
From my understanding they're currently safe if they don't spend any additional money beyond 10-days. They can sign people to 10-day contracts but not for the full season. They could have more room if Gibson and Noah don't earn bonuses in their contracts, but both guys seem on their way to doing so.

KC said eventually they will be able to sign someone for the remainder of the season. He didn't, however, say when that would be.