NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 01:26 PM)
Then explain to me why all the points you guys just made didn't add up to Thibs winning the title. Y'all just spent several posts explaining why he should have won.

You can have the fastest donkey in the world, but it's still not going to win the Kentucky Derby.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)
I don't get how what Pop did this year with the Spurs is more impressive than what Thibs did with the Bulls. The Spurs have Tony Parker and Tim Duncan. The Bulls lost their #1 star 6 games into the season, and their #2 star was traded away. The Bulls were a freaking lottery team under about any other coach. Even if their record was reversed at 34-48, that would have been impressive with the complete lack of talent they have.

This part is ridiculous. Have you looked at the East recently? Charlotte has less talent than the Bulls IMO and they won 43 games this year. They really only have two guys that you look at and say "that's a guy that can be in a rotation for a good team". The Bulls have issues at PG, but they still have three good frontcourt players and two useful wings.

Now Thibs is obviously a good coach, but to me it's REALLY hard to call it an injustice that someone in the East this year wasn't COY. As I implied earlier, I'd say Clifford has as good a case with what he did defensively with that group.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 01:26 PM)
Then explain to me why all the points you guys just made didn't add up to Thibs winning the title. Y'all just spent several posts explaining why he should have won.

I didn't cause like I said I really don't care. To me, it's silly if the voters use the ring argument to settle a season argument. That being said, it certainly wouldn't shock me if they do indeed do that(like hitting being factored into a gold glove), it's just dumb if they do.

I see these stories involving Izzo, Donovan, Calipari and read them as "College coach that has everything he wants at his disposal really wants s***ty job that is impossible to win at and to risk damaging elite reputation"

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 03:21 PM)
A non-overused Rose maybe?

I don't even know what your response means, but you clearly aren't aware that Rose only played 39 games the year he got injured and averaged a measly 35:14 mpg. If that's overused, then everyone should just kill themselves.

That mpg put him at 37th in the league that season, behind guys like Andrew f***ing Bogut, Joe Johnson, Raymond f***ing Felton, etc.

He wasn't over-used. He just gets hurt a lot.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
I don't even know what your response means, but you clearly aren't aware that Rose only played 39 games the year he got injured and averaged a measly 35:14 mpg. If that's overused, then everyone should just kill themselves.

That mpg put him at 37th in the league that season, behind guys like Andrew f***ing Bogut, Joe Johnson, Raymond f***ing Felton, etc.

Dude is fragile.

That Spurs team has an old Duncan, aging Parker, a good-not-great Kawhi Leonard, and a bunch of roleplayers. It is no small accomplishment that they are the number 1 seed in the West. Switch the coaches and that team has no business winning more games than OKC, Westbrook or not.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)

Pop woulda kept him under 30 ^_^