NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 11:55 PM)
Sometimes I forget how good Grant Hill was. In 1996-97, he averaged 21.4 points (on .496 shooting), 9 boards, 7.3 assists on a playoff team. That's a good ass season

He was a beast that was hampered by injuries and still put up a good career.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 12:08 AM)
That technical on Taj was ridiculous. While it was a long shot being down 10 with just over a minute left that just killed the momentum and sealed the deal.

Taj asks for the ball and gets a T. It's hilarious.

Team is very thin. Teague just is a lost cause. He can do 3/4s of a good basketball play but the last 1/4th he'll mess up so spectacularly it ruins the whole thing. Honestly, Mike James, just do it.

Snell also, think that's a miss.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 08:57 AM)
Team is very thin. Teague just is a lost cause. He can do 3/4s of a good basketball play but the last 1/4th he'll mess up so spectacularly it ruins the whole thing. Honestly, Mike James, just do it.

Snell also, think that's a miss.

Still disappointed we skipped on Hardaway for Snell.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 04:02 PM)
We wont know anything about Snell until next season. This is his Thibs redshirt season

Even with Butler though you saw him step on the court and immediately do things well like rebounding and steals.

We drafted 2 three point shooters that can't shoot threes. Hip Hip..

I went to bed after the first half thinking Rose was back, only to see he probably missed every single shot in 2nd half and...

somehow only got to line once.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 09:12 AM)
Even with Butler though you saw him step on the court and immediately do things well like rebounding and steals.

We drafted 2 three point shooters that can't shoot threes. Hip Hip..

I went to bed after the first half thinking Rose was back, only to see he probably missed every single shot in 2nd half and...

somehow only got to line once.

I think you are over reacting a bit. Jimmy only played in 42 games in his first season, and usually in garbage time. Snell is in over his head, and has been put in the lineup out of necessity

There was very little optimism about rookie Jimmy. He ended up looking okay in the playoffs when half the team was dead, but even then he looked pretty inept on the offensive end. I'm pretty sure scs787 was the only guy on the Jimmy bandwagon post-rookie season after seeing him play in summer league

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 05:13 PM)
There was very little optimism about rookie Jimmy. He ended up looking okay in the playoffs when half the team was dead, but even then he looked pretty inept on the offensive end. I'm pretty sure scs787 was the only guy on the Jimmy bandwagon post-rookie season after seeing him play in summer league

B.S. I'm pretty sure you posted Jimmy's PER after his first month and it was like 15.4. Then we stopped caring because that team had like 5 wings on it. SG/SF was way more stocked with jimmy's first year than Snells.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 11:44 AM)
B.S. I'm pretty sure you posted Jimmy's PER after his first month and it was like 15.4. Then we stopped caring because that team had like 5 wings on it. SG/SF was way more stocked with jimmy's first year than Snells.

The wings on the 2011-2012 team were Hamilton who played 28 games, Ronnie Brewer, Deng and Korver. Right now they're Butler, Deng and Dunleavy(I won't count Kirk for now) how is that way more loaded? When you figure into account that Rip was hurt all season it certainly looks like we're currently better at the wing.

Snell is a work in progress but he's no further behind than Butler was at this point.