NBA Thread 2013-2014

The problem I have with Melo is that hell be 30 to start next season. I dont think realistically you can believe that in Rose's first year back the Bulls will win a Championship. That means Melo will be 31 when they start taking shots to win. Basically giving them a 3-5 year window and having very little assets to make any other moves with.

It just seems like you are boxing yourself in and if it goes wrong the Bulls are in hell until 2020.

I think that you just have to see what Rose is going to be like at this point, unless you are getting guys in their early 20s.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melo has been pretty durable for his career and is long 39 minutes a game this year. I think he'll be fine, just like Luol Deng.

Thibs supposedly loves Melo. Our defense is still elite with Augustin, Dunleavy, and Booz getting heavy minutes.

There really isn't a more perfect front six to take on Miami than Rose - Butler - Melo - Mirotic - Noah - Taj

*QUIN CRAZY SPECULATION WARNING*

Bring back Kirk and BG7 for the vet minimum. Dunleavy on the bench. DraftExpress currently has us taking Jabari Brown in the second, use the first on a a center like Cauley-Stein

PG: Rose/Hinrich/Felton

SG: Butler/BG7/Brown

SF: Melo/Dunleavy

PF: Mirotic/Gibson

C : Noah/Cauley-Stein

You'll have shooting for days from BG, Brown, Mirotic, Dunleavy and Melo. Rose can return to his 2pt game. 3 headed defensive bigs in Jo-Taj-WCS

That starting line is perfect.

Rose and Butler for driving, Melo and Mirotic for shooting. Noah as the cleanup. Two (possibly three with Mirotic) shot creators and Noah's passing ability.

It's all possible if Melo demands a trade.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)
If we are getting Melo doesnt that presume we likely traded next years first?

I could see the Knicks wanting Bobcats pick, then 2015 Bulls Pick, Sac Pick, and Cleveland Swap. Bulls can't trade consecutive picks.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 15, 2014 -> 07:44 AM)

Wait. So Tim Hardaway Jr goes off in a game with no defense and suddenly the Bulls missed out on a stud?

Make me vomit. Both he and Waiters suck, and a rec league game doesn't change that. I'm not in love with Snell, but he'll definitely wind up being an all-around better player than Hardaway Jr.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 15, 2014 -> 11:58 AM)
Wait. So Tim Hardaway Jr goes off in a game with no defense and suddenly the Bulls missed out on a stud?

Make me vomit. Both he and Waiters suck, and a rec league game doesn't change that. I'm not in love with Snell, but he'll definitely wind up being an all-around better player than Hardaway Jr.

Hardaway jr. has actually been the lone bright spot for the natural disaster that is the knicks. And to be fair, I can remember Brian saying long before last night that he wished the Bulls had taken Hardaway.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 15, 2014 -> 12:28 PM)
Hardaway jr. has actually been the lone bright spot for the natural disaster that is the knicks. And to be fair, I can remember Brian saying long before last night that he wished the Bulls had taken Hardaway.

Which merely qualifies him for Tallest Midget status. I think Hardaway will be a solid player, but it's not as though his presence would make the Bulls significantly better than they are.

--Captain Decker

QUOTE (Willard Decker @ Feb 15, 2014 -> 01:01 PM)
Which merely qualifies him for Tallest Midget status. I think Hardaway will be a solid player, but it's not as though his presence would make the Bulls significantly better than they are.

--Captain Decker

Could they beat the Pacers or Heat with him? Of course not. But he dwarfs Tony Snell. Snell is a bum.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 15, 2014 -> 11:58 AM)

I've been saying since draft day when the Bulls passed on him.

I know I'm jaded because of Michigan but just believe Hardaway is better at getting to the hole. Not the shooter Snell could be but can shoot and feel Jr does more on the floor than Snell.

Time will tell.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 15, 2014 -> 11:27 PM)
I've been saying since draft day when the Bulls passed on him.

I know I'm jaded because of Michigan but just believe Hardaway is better at getting to the hole. Not the shooter Snell could be but can shoot and feel Jr does more on the floor than Snell.

Time will tell.

It seems like the progression of rookies under thibs is they look like hell while they learn his d, and then when they feel comfortable there we see their value on O. Same progression happens with vets except it's usually 1-2 months. This is why we have such slow starts last few years.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 15, 2014 -> 05:54 PM)
It seems like the progression of rookies under thibs is they look like hell while they learn his d, and then when they feel comfortable there we see their value on O. Same progression happens with vets except it's usually 1-2 months. This is why we have such slow starts last few years.

We've only had a handful of rookies under Thibs and I don't think any of them have really developed on O during their rookie years. Asik was never a good offensive player, Butler saw spot minutes and was decent in those minutes but never really was part of the rotation. Teague was horrendous and didn't play. Tony Snell's best offensive month was in November.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 15, 2014 -> 10:54 PM)
The format was real stupid but at least we got a few good dunks.

They need to raise the hoop 6 inches or even a foot. These cats are just too god damn athletic today. Ten years from now you're gonna have robocop cyborgs out there. I can't believe that s*** Wall pulled off.

Edited by Jordan4life