NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 18, 2014 -> 07:52 PM)
All I know is the Pacers better do something to upgrade their offense (22nd in offensive efficiency). They are so much like the '93 Knicks it's not even funny. Danny Granger is broker than '06 Brian Anderson. George, while really good (and stupid), is not yet truly elite.

J4L, I love how every comparison ends up boiling down to a 90's version of the Knicks, lmao

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 18, 2014 -> 07:52 PM)
All I know is the Pacers better do something to upgrade their offense (22nd in offensive efficiency). They are so much like the '93 Knicks it's not even funny. Danny Granger is broker than '06 Brian Anderson. George, while really good (and stupid), is not yet truly elite.

They picked up Bynum dude, they're fine, relax.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2014 -> 09:59 PM)
I don't think Lebron and Bosh, without Wade, can win a title with the team currently constructed.

I think that team could win a championship with Ronnie f***ing Brewer at SG.

QUOTE (maggliopipe @ Feb 18, 2014 -> 05:15 PM)
So what's Chris Bosh get this summer if he opts out to become a free agent? He was obviously viewed as a max contract guy 4 summers ago but how have his 4 seasons with the Heat affected his value? On one hand, statistically he had some very nice seasons as a third piece on championship teams. And coaches obviously still rate him highly as he was chosen for the all star team every year IIRC despite not having huge numbers. On the other hand, maybe he showed that he's not the guy to lead your team on a max contract, but as a complementary piece he's great. In which case, he's not a guy that deserves a max contract at 30. He wouldn't be a Bulls target obviously but just curious what others think the Bostrich gets. I think he'll still land a max deal.

Look at what horrible centers in the NBA get paid. Bosh would write his own contract.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 02:33 PM)
Chris Broussard says it's been submitted to the league office. I don't want to post a link because AMERICA

Thornton is such a solid, mismanaged player. Now he gets to go play behind Joe Johnson. Yay for him.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 02:34 PM)
Thornton is such a solid, mismanaged player. Now he gets to go play behind Joe Johnson. Yay for him.

I was really just wondering why the Kings would take such garbage in return. They can't even get a 2nd round pick from a team?

(I am aware of salary cap workings and stuff, but even considering that, this makes no sense at all)

This is a move a bad team makes, rather than package him next year as an $8 mill expiring for anyone else.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 08:01 AM)
J4L, I love how every comparison ends up boiling down to a 90's version of the Knicks, lmao

Just look. The Pacers, like the Knicks, took the defending champs to 7 games the previous year. The Pacers, like the Knicks, come back the next year seemingly better and go ballz out to get best record in the league (I'll assume the Pacers at least get the 1 seed in the east) while the Heat, like the '93 Bulls, spend much of the year coasting. The Pacers, like that Knicks team, has only one star and the team they're trying to dethrone has two. This ain't gonna end well for the Pacers.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 06:17 PM)
He's not going to be on the court enough to make a major difference offensively. They need another playmaker.

I feel they don't have enough either. I don't know if playmaker is the word I would use. They need someone who will snap, can trade buckets with the best of them, and then actually want to do that. George still seemingly disappears too much for me to call him that type of guy.

I honestly see no problem for the Heat until the Finals. Even then, I think they win in 6.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 06:17 PM)
He's not going to be on the court enough to make a major difference offensively. They need another playmaker.

I thought that was obvious enough sarcasm. Bynum is still talented because he's 8 feet tall, but the guy's a running joke at this point. Well, maybe not a running joke per se, but he's a joke.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 20, 2014 -> 08:00 AM)
Think you guys are severely overrating this Heat team.

I agree with you. With Wade, sure, they are better then everyone else. Without them, they have one of the two best players in the world who is pretty incredible (and still the best player in the world in my opinion) and he could singlehandedly do it (w/Bosh's help) but they don't have a strong supporting cast.

I don't see many deals that will make a whole lot of sense. I mean, if we can get something of value for Hinrich/Boozer, let's do it. If all we can get for Hinrich is something like a 2nd rounder (and I can't believe we'd ever get more), you might as well keep him so we can be tolerable to watch in the playoffs.