NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 11:53 AM)
I can't imagine there is a player opposing teams hate playing more than Noah. Aside from scorers driving you nuts, Noah is going to piss off opposing teams more than anyone. He's annoying in personality, style of play and outcome. That being said, couldn't be happier than to have him on the Bulls.

I would imagine he is frustrating to play against, but better than some of the dirtier players in the NBA.

Jo has been my favorite player on the Bulls for a number of years now. Such a basketball IQ, plus a guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. I love the guy.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 11:55 AM)
It is funny that NY sports writers still are beating the drums that Thibs is going to get traded to NY. Even with his issues with Gar, that probably looks like Club Med compared to that s***storm in the Knicks ownership/front office.

I wonder how big of a contract it would take to change his mind?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 11:55 AM)
It is funny that NY sports writers still are beating the drums that Thibs is going to get traded to NY. Even with his issues with Gar, that probably looks like Club Med compared to that s***storm in the Knicks ownership/front office.

There was a great interview with someone at the NY Daily News on The Score earlier this week that pointed out that the Knicks always get their guy, because they offer obscene money. If the Knicks offered Thibs twice as much as any other team, he'd still say yes.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 12:10 PM)
There was a great interview with someone at the NY Daily News on The Score earlier this week that pointed out that the Knicks always get their guy, because they offer obscene money. If the Knicks offered Thibs twice as much as any other team, he'd still say yes.

At that point though, what is in it for the Bulls? It isnt like the Knicks have any draft picks they can send to the Bulls

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 12:15 PM)
At that point though, what is in it for the Bulls? It isnt like the Knicks have any draft picks they can send to the Bulls

Well, the thought that the Bulls will trade Thibs is moronic, but he dosen't have a lifetime contract.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 12:24 PM)
Well, the thought that the Bulls will trade Thibs is moronic, but he dosen't have a lifetime contract.

He does have 3 or 4 years. Maybe then he goes to the Knicks. If Gar/Pax let him leave before then, unless things totally fall apart and the Knicks are offering a boatload for him, they are insane.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 12:24 PM)

It is moronic, but at this point I wont put anything past them after Gar's petty little power play with Ron Adams last summer.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 05:53 PM)
I can't imagine there is a player opposing teams hate playing more than Noah. Aside from scorers driving you nuts, Noah is going to piss off opposing teams more than anyone. He's annoying in personality, style of play and outcome. That being said, couldn't be happier than to have him on the Bulls.

Pretty Garnett is still the worst person to play against even crippled.

Rose might not possess a strong enough personality to put Anthony in his place when necessary — but Joakim Noah does. Assemble a trio of Rose, Anthony and Noah and suddenly the best Big Three in the league no longer plays in Miami.

I'd want some indication that Derrick can shoot above 40% and play 60 games, but this could easily be right. I think a Rose-less Bulls with Carmelo is a title contender.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 08:24 PM)
I'd want some indication that Derrick can shoot above 40% and play 60 games, but this could easily be right. I think a Rose-less Bulls with Carmelo is a title contender.

This entirely depends on who else is on the Bulls in order to get Carmelo.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 12:43 PM)
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 1h

Joakim Noah had 14 assists Sunday vs Knicks. He has 4 10-assist games since Feb. 6. Carmelo Anthony has 5 games w 10+ assists in his career.

What's their point? Carmelo Anthony scores almost 30ppg.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 08:39 AM)
I had a dream last night that the Bulls traded for LeBron. I pinched myself, because I didn't believe it. I did not wake up. That "pinch yourself" stuff is bulls***.

You must have eaten something that made you dream crazy because we can offer Miami our entire roster plus 10 future 1st round picks and our damn stadium as well and it still would not be enough.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 01:24 PM)

I am starting to warm up to the idea of a Melo/Bulls team. My biggest concern was his D but I think Thibs can make him a decent defender. An 85-90% MVP form Rose, Melo, Noah and Gibson are 4 better players than any 4 Miami has.

At the very least we need to try something and hopefully Anthony realizes NY is a hopeless situation and he comes as a FA this summer.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 04:35 PM)
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 4m

The last three 55-point games in the NBA have come against the Bobcats (LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Deron Williams).

That's fun:

SF

PF

PG

(though I'm not sure if Melo was really playing the 4 that game)