NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 1, 2014 -> 12:34 PM)
Bulls dont need picks. That part bothers me.

LOL. I had lunch with my Laker buddy today and told him if Thibbs leaves its for the Lakers and Bulls would hire Hoiberg. Apparently Simmons and I see eye to eye. I don't know that I would do it.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 1, 2014 -> 01:10 PM)
Apparently the loophole in the Ted Stepien rule is that if the Bulls sent one of their other 1st round picks, they can acquire the Lakers pick.

A team MUST have at least one 1st round pick every other year.

Unless the Lakers have a top 3 pick, I'm not swapping our first rounders for Thibbs to coach them. Screw that. I don't even know if I do it for their first rounder (presuming it is somewhere around 6-8).

If the Bulls could do this and get the Lakers lottery pick this year I'd do it in a second, and I like Thibodeau a lot. I don't think Carmelo will end up here, just like any other top player ever.

QUOTE (almagest @ May 1, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
If the Bulls could do this and get the Lakers lottery pick this year I'd do it in a second, and I like Thibodeau a lot. I don't think Carmelo will end up here, just like any other top player ever.

Forman and Thibs aren't exactly buddies. It wouldn't shock me if they would do this, but it kind of would shock me if the Lakers did this. They need players.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)
Forman and Thibs aren't exactly buddies. It wouldn't shock me if they would do this, but it kind of would shock me if the Lakers did this. They need players.

Then they can take Carlos Boozer too.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)

Agreed. And in need of young players. And they gave Kobe that contract so they also aren't in amazing shape moneywise despite that crappy roster.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 1, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
Then they can take Carlos Boozer too.

They actually would have the cap room to absorb him, but from the perspective of the roster, Trading Boozer for nothing is no different than amnestying him. Either way it clears the exact same amount of cap space, one just saves JR some extra money that can't be plowed back into the team because of the cap/tax limits.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2014 -> 01:58 PM)
They actually would have the cap room to absorb him, but from the perspective of the roster, Trading Boozer for nothing is no different than amnestying him. Either way it clears the exact same amount of cap space, one just saves JR some extra money that can't be plowed back into the team because of the cap/tax limits.

Well, it saves JR money. It means he doesn't pay Boozer 15M or whatever he would if he amnestied him (techically a little less than that since other teams would bid and he'd at least get a few m) but it would save JR real money which could be applied to luxury tax or others, in theory. However, from a cap perspective, it doesn't make us any better. If the Lakers had trade exemptions or something, that could be beneficial as it could help create ways to leverage / bring over Melo without having to clear as much cap space or at least I think you could potentially do that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2014 -> 01:57 PM)
Peggy Kusinski

18 mins ·

Thanks to ‪#‎Bulls‬ season ticket holder for clearing up the cat fight at Game 5 loss to Wizards. Apparently a female fan was overserved & launching vulgarities towards Carlos Boozer on the bench. First time she threw a cup at the bench, the ice hit DRose & spilled onto court. Fans started telling her to put a lid on it - she started directing her vulgarities to Carlos' GF who WALKED AWAY. A friend of the GF defended her & THAT was who the fan started clawing at. For the many kids in the area behind the Bulls bench, it was despicable behavior by the supposed Bulls fan shouting vulgar insults at Carlos Boozer. Kudos to his GF for taking the high road & walking away, but many sitting in the area thought the woman should've been ejected after the first cup of ice was thrown at the Bulls bench. There you have it. http://guyism.com/sports/catfight-behind-b...girlfriend.html

Uh-oh, how long is he going to be out now?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 1, 2014 -> 05:14 PM)
Well, it saves JR money. It means he doesn't pay Boozer 15M or whatever he would if he amnestied him (techically a little less than that since other teams would bid and he'd at least get a few m) but it would save JR real money which could be applied to luxury tax or others, in theory. However, from a cap perspective, it doesn't make us any better. If the Lakers had trade exemptions or something, that could be beneficial as it could help create ways to leverage / bring over Melo without having to clear as much cap space or at least I think you could potentially do that.

Honestly...I don't think saving $15 million on Boozer's deal would impact how the Bulls spend money one bit. They'd still hesitate to pay the luxury tax unless they had a title-contending team.

Want to know the difference between LeBron and KD? Pressure. One has more on him to win than any player in nba history. The other doesn't. Durant is on the verge of being bounced from the playoffs before he even gets his mvp award and it's not even a big deal. If this was LeBron all f***in' hell would be breaking loose.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 1, 2014 -> 05:21 PM)
Want to know the difference between LeBron and KD? Pressure. One has more on him to win than any player in nba history. The other doesn't. Durant is on the verge of being bounced from the playoffs before he even gets his mvp award and it's not even a big deal. If this was LeBron all f***in' hell would be breaking loose.

If Durant gets bounced by Memphis I think the pressure starts to turn up pretty high next season.

We already have some dumb headlines coming out in OKC.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 1, 2014 -> 05:42 PM)
If Durant gets bounced by Memphis I think the pressure starts to turn up pretty high next season.

We already have some dumb headlines coming out in OKC.

Doubt it. Not as long as LeBron is in the league. Take this thread for example. Not a peep. If this were LeBron you'd have elrockin' in here hating.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 1, 2014 -> 05:21 PM)

Memphis is a really smart team. They have pretty much thrown the Jordan Rules at Durant. They are beating him up off of the ball, they are denying him the ball every chance they get, and they are making him work for any shot. The dude has no space to work. It is some great coaching.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2014 -> 06:48 PM)
Memphis is a really smart team. They have pretty much thrown the Jordan Rules at Durant. They are beating him up off of the ball, they are denying him the ball every chance they get, and they are making him work for any shot. The dude has no space to work. It is some great coaching.

I get all that. But you're just proving my point. I'm pretty sure you weren't in here giving the Mavs any credit for the defense they played on LeBron in '11. You were probably saying "hahaha, LeBron choked" just like the rest of the world. All I'm saying is that KD does not, and probably never will, be under the same scope LeBron is.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 1, 2014 -> 07:14 PM)
I get all that. But you're just proving my point. I'm pretty sure you weren't in here giving the Mavs any credit for the defense they played on LeBron in '11. You were probably saying "hahaha, LeBron choked" just like the rest of the world. All I'm saying is that KD does not, and probably never will, be under the same scope LeBron is.

What did the Mavs do on LeBron?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 1, 2014 -> 07:14 PM)

2zoktxy.gif

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 1, 2014 -> 07:18 PM)
2zoktxy.gif

Yes, I'm saying feel sorry for a guy that's been given physical gifts that you only see in superhero movies and is on pace to become a billionaire before he turns 40. I'm just saying that if you're not going to hold KD to the same standard you hold LeBron then don't compare the two.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 1, 2014 -> 07:23 PM)
Yes, I'm saying feel sorry for a guy that's been given physical gifts that you only see in superhero movies and is on pace to become a billionaire before he turns 40. I'm just saying that if you're not going to hold KD to the same standard you hold LeBron then don't compare the two.

I forget, which one anointed himself King before ever playing an NBA game? And which one was a high pick but has probably over achieved based on expectations when he was drafted?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 1, 2014 -> 07:36 PM)
I forget, which one anointed himself King before ever playing an NBA game? And which one was a high pick but has probably over achieved based on expectations when he was drafted?

gmab. I digress. I'm actually hoping OKC pulls this out. I've wanted Clippers/Thunder for months.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 1, 2014 -> 07:36 PM)

Um, both of them? I don't care who it is, you don't generally predict guys to win multiple MVP's (Durant will get at least one more).

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 1, 2014 -> 07:50 PM)
Um, both of them? I don't care who it is, you don't generally predict guys to win multiple MVP's (Durant will get at least one more).

Bull. LeBron was the 2nd coming in high school. Durant was never, ever thought of that way.