Sox Will Sell; Everyone But Sale and Konerko on Block

Heads22

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 06:17 PM)
Normally I'd complain about not wanting to trade Konerko, but with his performance the last year or so, he won't get you much anyway. Let him finish the season (maybe career) in a Sox jersey.

I'm surprised Heyman specifically says Keppinger's name has come up

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 05:21 PM)
Nothing really new here. Although, it does seem that rival execs think the SOX players have more value than many here seem to indicate, not that that is of any surprise.

I noticed that too.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 04:27 PM)
I'm happy that at least at this point, we seem to have a clear direction on what we want to do from the front office and it makes a lot of sense.

If anything, Hahn just seems to not be as stubborn as Kenny. Rick realizes this team is hot garbage and it's time for a shakeup.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 05:29 PM)
If anything, Hahn just seems to not be as stubborn as Kenny. Rick realizes this team is hot garbage and it's time for a shakeup.

That's what I thought. Kenny would trade maybe one guy out of stubbornness to admit he was wrong.

OF next year of Hawkins, Mitchell, and Danks!!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 05:29 PM)

I still think we might be willing to trade Konerko if it makes sense and if he wants it.

Either way, this year could go a long way towards helping the franchise.

"Although Ramirez has only one home run this year, that executive pointed out, “He's hitting .280, has 18 stolen bases and plays good defense.''"

Quick, trade Ramirez to that exec's team before he realizes how many errors Ramirez has committed.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 05:33 PM)
"Although Ramirez has only one home run this year, that executive pointed out, “He's hitting .280, has 18 stolen bases and plays good defense.''"

Quick, trade Ramirez to that exec's team before he realizes how many errors Ramirez has committed.

I thought the exact same thing.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 06:34 PM)
I would love to see the Sox dump Danks contract.

If they could get someone to take the whole thing on they might well let him walk for a pittance. He's not pitching nearly as poorly as his numbers show right now, so maybe there's a chance.

I believe that we'd move PK to give him a chance at seeing the playoffs one last time. I expect him to end up with the Yankees as their 1B (cant remember his name) is now out for the season. No point in keeping him on the team this season, we can let some young guys show their stuff while giving him one last run at a title.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 05:17 PM)
Normally I'd complain about not wanting to trade Konerko, but with his performance the last year or so, he won't get you much anyway. Let him finish the season (maybe career) in a Sox jersey.

I agree. It's possible they already know this is the final season of his career. Let him go out as a 15-year Sox player. Maybe get some good crowds the final weekend against KC, and send him off right.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 06:46 PM)
I believe that we'd move PK to give him a chance at seeing the playoffs one last time. I expect him to end up with the Yankees as their 1B (cant remember his name) is now out for the season. No point in keeping him on the team this season, we can let some young guys show their stuff while giving him one last run at a title.

IMO, if Konerko isn't on the block, it's because the Sox asked and he said he didn't want to be moved.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 05:33 PM)
"Although Ramirez has only one home run this year, that executive pointed out, "He's hitting .280, has 18 stolen bases and plays good defense.''"

Holy s***, that's a lot before the All-Star Break. I had no idea he had that many.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 05:57 PM)
His versatility to play multiple infield positions could be helpful to an NL team.

We'd get nothing back but if we could clear the contract that would be great. For a rebuilding team you want your UT AB to go to someone who might have a future as a starter at some point. Same with Dunn, even if you have to eat a massive amount of the deal, if you can use his PA to try someone out, go for it.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 07:01 PM)
We'd get nothing back but if we could clear the contract that would be great. For a rebuilding team you want your UT AB to go to someone who might have a future as a starter at some point. Same with Dunn, even if you have to eat a massive amount of the deal, if you can use his PA to try someone out, go for it.

Depends on how you define "massive amount". Personally I shoot for saving just under 1/2 his contract next year; if the team can't save $6 million or so, then may as well hold onto him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 06:06 PM)
Depends on how you define "massive amount". Personally I shoot for saving just under 1/2 his contract next year; if the team can't save $6 million or so, then may as well hold onto him.

I agree, but that's why I said if you can use the PA. For the sake of argument, let's say Hahn pulls the trigger on a deal tomorrow that sends out Rios + Lindstrom, we get back an MLB ready RF who starts right away, a prospect in A ball, and the 3rd piece is a position player who is kind of a butcher in the field but is ready for MLB AB now. Not saying this would happen, but if something like it did, you've hit the point where what is more valuable, the playing time of your young guy who needs to prove himself, or the few million you might get out of Dunn's deal? But in general agree, you don't eat a ton to dump Dunn unless you have someone to play there who you think has a shot at being a regular contributor.

I'm just so happy right now. I've fought & fought, like all of us it seems, posting & posting & posting, wishing and dreaming, hoping Ricky The Wild Thing Hahn would read these trade threads & get the message & finally get to work, and now it looks like he has. Thank god. I want to hug everyone here. We've all done it together, we've forced Hahn's hahn-d.

big-bear-hug.jpg

tumblr_lgtvb2poxX1qd8ocoo1_400.png