Your Realistic 2014 Lineup

Dunt

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 8, 2013 -> 01:24 PM)
Semien to 3B or as the super IF sub. Beckham to 3B if they think Semien is better at 2B, but ole Gordo just got named the defensive 2B star. I would rater go or someone via free agency like Uribe at 3B. Is Mr. AJ Perzynski available for catching duties? I want a team with some fire and I think AJ can motivate as well as produce. I think Gillaspie and Keppinger are trade bait or Conor is a fill in

W.P.O.T.Y.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 8, 2013 -> 01:34 PM)
Ramirez had a .690 OPS and .373 SLG from the 2 spot. In the three spot it went to .713 and .413. Specifically for homers, he hit 2 in 372 PAs in the 2 spot. He hit 3 in 158 PAs in the 3 spot. He only had 27 PAs in the 6 spot and was awful. In the 7 spot he only had 77 PAs put hit 1 homer, and .695 OPS/ .384 SLG.

None of these samples are big enough to be predictive, though.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Nov 8, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)
Maybe a Hannigan for Keppinger swap is in the works. Reds need IF depth and Hannigan is a top flight defender behind the plate and while he had a terrible year at the plate, has a pretty good track record.

Todd Frazier hit 19 home runs and drove in 72. They also signed Jack Hannahan last year but I don't know if he's a free agent now or what. I don't necessarily think a Keppinger swap works here but Hanigan wouldn't be a bad presence behind the plate for a year or so.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 8, 2013 -> 02:29 PM)
Semien NEEDS to play every day. If he's going to be a "super sub", hell just release him. I'd prefer that to having him sitting on the bench that Robin rarely uses.

I can live with Leury as a super sub although it would be nice for him to get some at bats.

Semien showed in his one month up that he could make a big impact. Although I said the same thing about Brent Morel at the end of the 2010 season. Obviously, Semien isn't going to play everyday unless Beckham and/or Ramirez is dealt. I could see one, but not both. He very well might start in AAA to have a chance to play everyday, so he's not a Lillibridge type that can come off the bench whenever.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Nov 8, 2013 -> 07:50 PM)
Maybe a Hannigan for Keppinger swap is in the works. Reds need IF depth and Hannigan is a top flight defender behind the plate and while he had a terrible year at the plate, has a pretty good track record. Defense is the most important characteristic in a pitcher to me given how this team is currently constructed. Keeping Phegley behind him would probably be beneficial in the long run to give him a chance to click on this level.

Hanigan would be a nice addition. Too bad he doesn't hit lefty. I wouldn't think the cost would be too high in terms of players, prospects. If Keppinger is part of a deal, so much the better. I'd rather pick up Hanigan than overpay for Salty.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 07:29 AM)
Joel Sherman had Sale as his surprise player traded this winter. If Sale goes, I think Quintana and Santiago should e moved too. With the reported asking prices of free agents it's hard to believe the Sox will rebuild that way.

I would agree if we were to go full rebuild, you move all three of those guys and stockpile prospects. But you don't sign Abreu to the contact we just did and then go full rebuild. Sale isn't getting moved this offseason so it's a pointless discussion.

Not sure if I've already brought up his name yet, but the Mets are said to be "aggressively" shopping Daniel Murphy. I don't know how good he is defensively at 2B but he'd be a pretty good upgrade offensively over Beckham, and he bats left handed. They could really use some OFers, so a deal built around De Aza and Murphy could make some sense(Assuming the Sox want to trade him and can get a new CFer/Lead-off guy in here).

Murphy is a career .295/.344/.441 hitter vs RHP(1665 ABs) and he's not that bad vs LHP either, .274/.301/.375

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 11:27 AM)
Not sure if I've already brought up his name yet, but the Mets are said to be "aggressively" shopping Daniel Murphy. I don't know how good he is defensively at 2B but he'd be a pretty good upgrade offensively over Beckham, and he bats left handed. They could really use some OFers, so a deal built around De Aza and Murphy could make some sense(Assuming the Sox want to trade him and can get a new CFer/Lead-off guy in here).

Murphy is a career .295/.344/.441 hitter vs RHP(1665 ABs) and he's not that bad vs LHP either, .274/.301/.375

Get it done Hahn. Murphy hits for average, can also get some solid RBIs (78 last year), and can stay healthy.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 12:27 PM)

I would definitely like to go after Murphy. I've always liked him. He's still fairly young right?

I haven't done one of these for awhile, so my lineup would be:

OFFSEASON MOVES

Abreu 6 yrs

Saltalamacchia 2 yrs

Joe Smith 3 yrs

Dave Purcey 1 yr

De Aza and Kevin Vance for Daniel Murphy and a A bum

1. Alexei Ramirez .285/9/44 [r]

2. Daniel Murphy .294/16/82 (L)

3. Jose Abreu .282/18/70 [r]

4. Adam Dunn .203/38/88 (L)

5. Avisail Garcia .294/16/75 [r]

6. Dayan Viciedo .256/22/60 [r]

7. Jarrod Saltalamacchia .264/14/54 (S)

8. Conneff Gillapenger Platoon .249/15/46 [l/r]

9. Jordan Danks .257/8/46 [l]

The lefty/righty combo would drive opponents insane.

1. Sale 2.97

2. Quintana 3.36

3. Santiago (I think he'll be traded but nobody has a remotely close idea of who it would be for) 3.66

4. Danks 3.92

5. Rienzo 4.41

'Pen

Jones 3.65

Purcey 3.35

Lindstrom 2.88

Smith 2.94

Reed 3.31

Petricka (half-year) 4.06

Erik Johnson (half-year) 3.89

Donnie Veal 4.66

Edited by ChiSoxFan05

QUOTE (ChiSoxFan05 @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)
I haven't done one of these for awhile, so my lineup would be:

OFFSEASON MOVES

Abreu 6 yrs

Saltalamacchia 2 yrs

Joe Smith 3 yrs

Dave Purcey 1 yr

De Aza and Kevin Vance for Daniel Murphy and a A bum

1. Alexei Ramirez .285/9/44 [r]

2. Daniel Murphy .294/16/82 (L)

3. Jose Abreu .282/18/70 [r]

4. Adam Dunn .203/38/88 (L)

5. Avisail Garcia .294/16/75 [r]

6. Dayan Viciedo .256/22/60 [r]

7. Jarrod Saltalamacchia .264/14/54 (S)

8. Conneff Gillapenger Platoon .249/15/46 [l/r]

9. Jordan Danks .257/8/46 [l]

The lefty/righty combo would drive opponents insane.

That would have to be the worst defensive team in baseball. You do not believe in strenth up the middle?? Salty and Murphy were two of the worst defensively at their positions. Alexei was also bad but somehow some think he will have a miracle cure and Danks may be okay in center. We can expect Abreu to have a learning curve year and hopefully he can eventually play 1st. The pitchers may go on strike by May 1st w that defense.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 11:59 AM)
That would have to be the worst defensive team in baseball. You do not believe in strenth up the middle?? Salty and Murphy were two of the worst defensively at their positions. Alexei was also bad but somehow some think he will have a miracle cure and Danks may be okay in center. We can expect Abreu to have a learning curve year and hopefully he can eventually play 1st. The pitchers may go on strike by May 1st w that defense.

Salty was well above average at throwing people out stealing. I agree with Murphy.. I do think Alexei will turn it around because of his defense in the past. Abreu is more athletic than we think, according to several scouts. I agree that the defense is bad but I think it's better than last years with De Aza and Beckham gone.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFan05 @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)
Are you looking at career or 2013?

What are you basing it on? In 2012 he threw out 18%. He did throw out 31% in 2011 when he had 26 PB. Other than that, he has been below average every year.

23% career vs. 27% league average.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 07:34 AM)
I would agree if we were to go full rebuild, you move all three of those guys and stockpile prospects. But you don't sign Abreu to the contact we just did and then go full rebuild. Sale isn't getting moved this offseason so it's a pointless discussion.

Abreau's contract is going to look cheap after this offseason is complete. I don't see how it would preclude a Sale trade.