Your Realistic 2014 Lineup

Dunt

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I hate video game GM posts..... I just completed the 2013 off-season in The Show and with budgets and fair trades turned on (so there was at least a semblance of realism).... this is what I came up with:

FA signings:

Phil Hughes

Trades:

Adam Dunn to Orioles for a no-face C-grade minor league relief pitcher and a no-face C-grade backup AA catcher

Santiago, Phegley and a no-face A-grade pitching prospect to Astros for Jason Castro + Kevin Chapman

Tyler Flowers and a no-face B-grade pitching prospect to Mariners for Justin Smoak

I went after Corey Seager as well, but I didn't have anything left to trade so I had to settle for the two-headed OPS/WAR monster of Gillaspie/Keppinger.

Chris Sale

Jose Quintana

Phil Hughes

John Danks

Erik Johnson

Rienzo / Leesman

Webb

Petricka

Jones

Kevin Chapman

Lindstrom

Reed

CF De Aza

SS Ramirez

1B Justin Smoak

DH Abreu

C Jason Castro

RF Garcia

3B Gillaspie

LF Viciedo

2B Beckham

Bench

Keppinger

Semien

JorDanks

Olivo (always been a favorite of mine)

I'm gonna sim the season tonight. I'm anticipating a record around 80-82.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFan05 @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 11:37 PM)
Sorta OT but Quintana wants his number changed to 24 apparently.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 11:51 PM)
And what does Viciedo think of that?

Trade 'em both. Can't be having tension in the clubhouse.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 08:16 AM)
Better idea is to put them in a ring and have them duke it out

With special guest referee Joe Crede. Just as Quintana is about to finish off Viciedo with some sort of super-serpent move, Crede attempts to attack Quintana yelling, "I'm number 24, b****es!" Crede, however, blows his back out and lies writhing in the ring.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 10:31 AM)
With special guest referee Joe Crede. Just as Quintana is about to finish off Viciedo with some sort of super-serpent move, Crede attempts to attack Quintana yelling, "I'm number 24, b****es!" Crede, however, blows his back out and lies writhing in the ring.

Shouldn't AJ be the co-ref if there's wrestling involved...?

Wouldn't be surprised if Hahn pulled off another three-team trade to fill our holes in the outfield (?), third and catcher. How about a blockbuster with Colorado and San Francisco that nets us Rosario and Pablo Sandoval?

Edited by coco1997

QUOTE (coco1997 @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)
Wouldn't be surprised if Hahn pulled off another three-team trade to fill our holes in the outfield (?), third and catcher. How about a blockbuster with Colorado and San Francisco that nets us Rosario and Pablo Sandoval?

Good bye Quintana and Santiago

QUOTE (coco1997 @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 02:27 PM)
What do you think it would take the Sox to get Sandoval straight-up? Keep in mind, he's a free agent after 2014.

I think we're still looking at Quintana or Santiago+. Sabean really seems to like him and doesn't want to move him.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 06:32 PM)
Daryl Von whatever, Sun Times beat writer, was on Kaplan's show and confirmed Dan Hayes' report about everyone being available except Sale, Q, Abreu and Garcia. A GM also told him Reed was basically untouchable as well.

It makes sense with Reed. I would have to be blown away with an offer for Reed

Blurb on MLBtraderumors from Merkin on twitter:

White Sox GM Rick Hahn says that the intensity of trade talks has picked up in the past few days, according to Scott Merkin. "We well could have something in the next day or it could take through Orlando (Dec. 9-12) when the logjam sort of breaks,” Hahn said.