Your Realistic 2014 Lineup

Dunt

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 07:07 PM)
Jose, correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you're referring to how Beckhamn sped through the minors in less than 2 full seasons and then fans creamed their jeans thinking he was ready for the big league club but really wasn't ready. Not putting words in your mouth. :P

This really is similar in the sense that like Beckham in 09, it appears Semien in ready to make the jump but a look at his AAA stats after his promotion from AA dictate he should have more time so we don't have a repeat of what happened to Beckham. I think Semien will have a place on this team in the near future but let's not rush him since there's players to be moved first and its not like the Sox are expected to be all that competitive with the current roster at this time.

http://m.bbref.com/m?p=XXminorsXXplayer.cg...p;t=all_batting

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 07:59 PM)
Considering pundits, analysts, fans (myself included) and players were all saying Gordon had multiple MVPs in his future, I'll hold off on Semien hype.

StRoostifer, yes I am. He was ready, but not for a full season, as was clearly proven the following year. Quinarvy, that's exactly my point. We were all high on Beckham and now everyone wants him traded.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)
StRoostifer, yes I am. He was ready, but not for a full season, as was clearly proven the following year. Quinarvy, that's exactly my point. We were all high on Beckham and now everyone wants him traded.

I was high on Beckham so I'm in that group too. Better to take a slower approach with Semien.

Edited by StRoostifer

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 05:23 PM)
Remember how Gordon Beckham put up very good numbers during his rookie season? We were treating him like Semien is being treated now. Then he came out and became the Gordon Beckham we all know today. Beckham got "figured out" just like Semien will.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 05:44 PM)
They're two different players with two different pedigrees. You should just abort this argument after your initial claim was Semien's minor league numbers weren't any good.

These quotes summarize everything.

Abreu, your initial claim was Semien's numbers weren't very "attractive", then switched to a "Beckham got figured out just like Semien will" argument, which makes no sense as raBBit highlighted above. Now you're trying to pull a complete 180 and pretending to act like you meant the reason Semien will get figured out is because he's being rushed like Beckham, which is a totally different discussion from the one we were having. Stick to your guns here, you said Semien was "overrated" based on his not very attractive stats. Do you still stand by that claim?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:52 PM)
As of now, I would say:

vs RHP

Eaton 8

De Aza 7

AGarcia 9

Abreu 3

Dunn DH

Ramirez 6

Beckham 4

Gillaspie 5

Phegley 2

vs LHP

Eaton 8

Beckham 4

AGarcia 9

Abreu 3

Konerko DH

Viciedo 7

Ramirez 6

Gillaspie 5

Phegley 2

Bench: Flowers, LGarcia

Kepp should play against LHP. A Gillaspie / Kepp straight platoon should actually be fairly productive, assuming Kepp remembers how to hit a baseball. That said, if a real 3B becomes available, I don't think twice.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 07:45 PM)
Likely not a casual fan loving blockbuster but consistent with the plan: cost controlled impact with high upside that's an improvement over a Gillaspinger 3B.

Which begs the question, what's with the Uribe rumors? Gillaspuribe?

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 03:45 PM)
Likely not a casual fan loving blockbuster but consistent with the plan: cost controlled impact with high upside that's an improvement over a Gillaspinger 3B.

Give me Lowrie or give me death!!!