2013-2014 NHL thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 07:00 AM)
He already has agreed to a contract with SKA St. Petersburg, so we can stop the talk of him walking away from $77 million, he's just walking away from hockey in North America.

I was always a fan of his when he played in Atlanta, such a talented player stuck in hockey hell.

And is isn't virtually tax free IIRC?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns out they do rope off the logo

The Blackhawks, like most NHL teams, have an unwritten rule that no one is permitted to step on their logo in the dressing room. The logo is often roped off throughout the playoffs.

Players have been known to scold people for accidentally or purposely stepping or standing on it.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 14, 2013 -> 12:23 AM)
I'm so glad Kane finally grew past this s***. Of course, no one except Tyler and his Dad know what college is like.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-dad...html#more-63736

It probably helped that Kaner's parents didn't seem to enable him the way Seguin's parents are.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
So I read that him walking away from this deal still penalizes the Devils, is that true? If so, him coming back to the NHL would be hilariously evil

It does, but now I wonder if he comes back, does he pick up on his original contract? How exactly does that work?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 09:35 AM)
It does, but now I wonder if he comes back, does he pick up on his original contract? How exactly does that work?

He wont. He makes more in 4 years in the KHL than he would have in the duration of his 12 year contract in the US>

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
So I read that him walking away from this deal still penalizes the Devils, is that true? If so, him coming back to the NHL would be hilariously evil

They were hit with a yearly 250k cap penalty until 2025. When the first contract got voided, they lost two first round draft picks including 2014, which they aren't getting back.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 09:35 AM)

His original contract is null and void. But according to Puck Daddy, if he tries to come back in the next 5 years, the Devils have to give him permission. After the 5 years is up though, he can come back with no restrictions.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 05:35 PM)
Carcillo to the Kings.

Adios.

This is third place I've seen it reported and nobody says who we got back. I think that tells you all you need to know about what we thought of Carcillo.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 06:11 PM)
This is third place I've seen it reported and nobody says who we got back. I think that tells you all you need to know about what we thought of Carcillo.

About the only thing I ever liked about Carcillo was that he brought the Cup to the Rush show.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 11:18 PM)
This is what I envision for opening night, aside from any injuries....

Bickell-Toews-Kane

Sharp-Pirri-Hossa

Saad-Zeus-Shaw

Bollig-Kruger-Morrin

Keith-Seabrook

Hjalmarsson-Leddy

Oduya-Rozsival

Crawford

Khabibulin

Ben Smith or a Jimmy Hayes may crack the roster as well. As always with this team, the second line center position is where questions need to be answered. If Pirri can keep up, things will look pretty solid.....

It would be very impressive if Pirri can get on the second line right off the bat. I hope he can cut it, that would be a big boost and another victory for Blackhawks player development.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 11:01 PM)
It looks like if Stan doesn't add anything else, and guys like Pirri, Ben Smith, Morrin and Bollig get serious roles, there should be around 2 million in cap space to take on around the deadline......

It will be fun watching these kids gel. If it works, this is how you can sustain true elite success in today's NHL. Gotta keep hitting on picks/trades.