2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes. Color me a bit nervous about the money getting slung around to guys that aren't in our first tier of players.

With that said, Crow was as important as anybody in our playoff run. I hope he remains the elite goalie that he appeared to be throughout the SCP

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 07:25 PM)
Corey Crawford, entering the 2014-2015 season, will be earning the same as Kane/Toews (who will be UFA after that season)

He will be the 5th highest paid goalie in 2014-2015. (Lundqvist will be a FA)

People have said that the cap will dramatically increase in upcoming year. It better, because as you mentioned, Kane & Toews are gonna have to get paid as well.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 08:00 PM)
I'm always a skeptic when it comes to really anything, but right now the Hawks have earned my trust with moves. Until they show otherwise, I have no reason to believe they don't know what they're doing.

Hopefully this works out better than their last couple of long term goalie deals, granted under the old regime, but still.

Yeah, I'm not going to be overly critical but it certainly seems a bit out of LF. These moves can look good, but more often look bad. With 2 SC in 4 years, I won't do much b****ing for a while.

They definitely have stuck their necks out there on the Bickell and Crawford deals...we've been shying away from keeping our young (non first-tier) guys headed into FA like that until now.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 08:34 AM)
Hjalmarsson just agreed to a 5 year extension. No way it stays at 3.5. Hopefully it's closer to 4 than another 5 hit.

With everything in their minor league system, I am shocked at all of the extensions. They must really think the cap is going up a lot, or this doesn't really make sense.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 10:57 AM)
How much is the cap supposed to go up in the next few years?

The more I learn about the NHL, the less it makes sense to me to sign a goalie to a long term contract with a high dollar amount.

Goalies are so hit or miss year to year, I HATE long term contracts for them. We just won two cups with two different netminders.