2013-2014 NHL thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 8, 2014 -> 07:10 AM)
What about a legit white Hawks jersey with the #17 on the back and SECONDS written as the player name?

I'm generally not a fan of personalized names on jerseys, but this would be pretty awesome.

Getting your own name on the back is weirder to me more than getting a green jersey or whatever. My choice would be to just get a regular jersey in terms of name/colors, but there's no reason to get high and mighty about it.

Edited by farmteam

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 8, 2014 -> 09:11 AM)
Other amazing 17's (posting this for Steve so he can throw up this morning):

J.P. Dumont

Michal Grosek

Wendel Clark

Reto Von Arx

Mike Peluso

Chris Simon

What an epic list

Don't forget longtime Blackhawk Basil McRae

Hey let's hit the panic button and f*** up all the lines. Here's an idea, let's put Handzus back with Hossa and Sharp, brilliant. That's a line from practice today, plus moving Toews away from Hossa. OK then.

This team consistently performs in spite of Q, and to a degree, Bowman. It's really amazing how much talent this team has to overcome all of it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 8, 2014 -> 02:54 PM)
Hey let's hit the panic button and f*** up all the lines. Here's an idea, let's put Handzus back with Hossa and Sharp, brilliant. That's a line from practice today, plus moving Toews away from Hossa. OK then.

This team consistently performs in spite of Q, and to a degree, Bowman. It's really amazing how much talent this team has to overcome all of it.

If they play a couple more bad games, you know that's when 19 and 88 will end up on a line together. It's always his last desperation move

23-year old in his first career playoff game scores an OT goal to win 1-0 at the Bell Centre. Hate to see the Bruins win, but that's a hell of a story. That arena is #1 on my list of hockey venues I would love to visit for a road game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 8, 2014 -> 11:07 PM)
23-year old in his first career playoff game scores an OT goal to win 1-0 at the Bell Centre. Hate to see the Bruins win, but that's a hell of a story. That arena is #1 on my list of hockey venues I would love to visit for a road game.

another piece of that Seguin trade.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 9, 2014 -> 12:44 AM)
The Seguin that scored 37 goals last season?

This isnt fantasy sports. Seguin needed to be moved for the betterment of both parties and so far its looking like a good trade for both teams.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 8, 2014 -> 02:54 PM)

Come on man. The team performs in spite of one of the best coaches ever?

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 9, 2014 -> 07:17 AM)
This isnt fantasy sports. Seguin needed to be moved for the betterment of both parties and so far its looking like a good trade for both teams.

It's looking fine now, but I still think in the future there will be regret over giving up such a young talented scorer.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2014 -> 07:50 AM)
Come on man. The team performs in spite of one of the best coaches ever?

Get your head out of the sand. Don't be that blind and act like Q can do no wrong. Plenty of mistakes through the years. Winning a Cup doesn't make you protected from criticism.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 9, 2014 -> 10:19 AM)
Get your head out of the sand. Don't be that blind and act like Q can do no wrong. Plenty of mistakes through the years. Winning a Cup doesn't make you protected from criticism.

Criticism is one thing saying they win in spite of him is another. On top of that the players have spoken out in favor of his line juggling.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)
Criticism is one thing saying they win in spite of him is another. On top of that the players have spoken out in favor of his line juggling.

First of all, what are they going to do, speak against it?

Second, it doesn't mean the line juggling is for the better. We've seen that.

Sometimes, this team absolutely does win despite the coach and GM and the position they've put them in.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 9, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
First of all, what are they going to do, speak against it?

Second, it doesn't mean the line juggling is for the better. We've seen that.

Sometimes, this team absolutely does win despite the coach and GM and the position they've put them in.

But the coach and GM are largely responsible for the success of the team and franchise.