2013-2014 NHL thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2014 -> 11:51 AM)
Their entire board (almost) is all about how the handshake line is dumb (they loved it against Van) and how the Bruins are so competitive its ok to fight. Oh and the Habs are whiney little babies.

This handshake thing last night is being overblown. Lucic hates a few players on Montreal, so he's suppose to play nice now because they lost? No different than what happened between Doan and some of the Coyotes and Dustin Brown a couple years ago.

I wonder how many calls to the Montreal police would've been made about Lucic if the Canadiens would've lost last night.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 15, 2014 -> 05:22 PM)
This handshake thing last night is being overblown. Lucic hates a few players on Montreal, so he's suppose to play nice now because they lost? No different than what happened between Doan and some of the Coyotes and Dustin Brown a couple years ago.

I wonder how many calls to the Montreal police would've been made about Lucic if the Canadiens would've lost last night.

Both of those situations are classless actually. It's called sportsmanship.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2014 -> 06:33 PM)
Both of those situations are classless actually. It's called sportsmanship.

People are just looking for a reason for faux outrage in this Twitter world we live in. Just like last night people claiming someone threw a banana on the ice. Well I'm sure something will happen over the weekend that will bring out more manufactured outrage. And that will be replaced by something else by middle of next week.

Lucic is a talented meathead that got what was coming to him. He was classless, that isn't the place to settle scores. You don't have to play nice, but you can play "not be a dick in the handshake line." Sore loser much?

All of Boston can take the loss with class (or can they?) and go away already.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 15, 2014 -> 05:47 PM)
People are just looking for a reason for faux outrage in this Twitter world we live in. Just like last night people claiming someone threw a banana on the ice. Well I'm sure something will happen over the weekend that will bring out more manufactured outrage. And that will be replaced by something else by middle of next week.

How is it fake? Sportsmanship in any sport at any level is something adults have, and if someone is a baby about it, people call it like they see it. Lucic acted like a little whiny baby, the type of guy who tries to meet you in the parking lot after a rat hockey game.

Why didn't someone like Backes react that way in the handshake line when he saw Keith and Seabrook? Because he knows its not the time or the place.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 15, 2014 -> 06:01 PM)
Lucic is a talented meathead that got what was coming to him. He was classless, that isn't the place to settle scores. You don't have to play nice, but you can play "not be a dick in the handshake line." Sore loser much?

All of Boston can take the loss with class (or can they?) and go away already.

But if Boston loses that means the terrorists win.

#bostonstrong

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2014 -> 07:06 PM)
How is it fake? Sportsmanship in any sport at any level is something adults have, and if someone is a baby about it, people call it like they see it. Lucic acted like a little whiny baby, the type of guy who tries to meet you in the parking lot after a rat hockey game.

Why didn't someone like Backes react that way in the handshake line when he saw Keith and Seabrook? Because he knows its not the time or the place.

The problem that I have is the way it's covered. So you mean to tell me that Backes and Seabrook "are all good now"? Not saying it to you Rock but that's how the commentators make it sound. Seabrook concussed a guy and f***ed with his livelihood but everything's good now. "Look at them shaking hands". Backes is a professional and didn't react in the handshake line but that line is often contrived as something the teams are "supposed" to do.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 13, 2014 -> 08:45 PM)
Wow! Bet the Penguins have a new head coach next year

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 13, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
And GM.

Nice call (although not entirely shocking) boys.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6m

PIT will announce this morning GM Ray Shero and head coach Dan Bylsma have been fired. #TSN

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 16, 2014 -> 08:29 AM)
The problem that I have is the way it's covered. So you mean to tell me that Backes and Seabrook "are all good now"? Not saying it to you Rock but that's how the commentators make it sound. Seabrook concussed a guy and f***ed with his livelihood but everything's good now. "Look at them shaking hands". Backes is a professional and didn't react in the handshake line but that line is often contrived as something the teams are "supposed" to do.

Puck Daddy agrees with you:

The worst tradition in hockey

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 16, 2014 -> 08:29 AM)

No, but its the adult and professional thing to do and most adults and men for that matter would be able to show sportsmanship. Like I said, you can hold a grudge on the field or ice but if you are the guy who goes into the parking lot looking for a fight you are a child to me. Especially when there was nothing dirty done to you whatsoever like Lucic. He's one of the dirtier players on that team and he has a problem? Come on.

And Backes f***ed up his own livelihood when he came back WAY too early from a concussion.

So who are we rooting for tonight? Home ice is always nice, as is not having to fly to CA tomorrow, but I really think the Kings are a better team and they worry me more. It's gonna be a tough series regardless the opponent of course.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 16, 2014 -> 02:29 PM)
So who are we rooting for tonight? Home ice is always nice, as is not having to fly to CA tomorrow, but I really think the Kings are a better team and they worry me more. It's gonna be a tough series regardless the opponent of course.

Kings are the better matchup for the Hawks, IMO. Who do they even have after the Kopitar line? Plus home-ice advantage is always pretty nice.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 16, 2014 -> 02:29 PM)

Both good teams, I really can't favor playing one of the other at this point. At times I agree and think the Kings are the better team, but the Ducks were obviously great during the regular season and have a ton of talent, especially up front. If the Ducks were having a ton of goaltending problems I'd lean their way, but Gibson has been filling the void right now. Because though Quick wasn't great last year, I think more highly of him than most and can steal a series. He does scare me.

Tiebreaker for me is home ice (especially if it gets to a game 7) and not having to travel, so I'll go Kings. But, whatever happens, happens and I don't have a huge rooting interest one way or another on this one.

Let's have it go 4 OTs (you can stay up since it's not a weekend night!). And then they run into snow on the way into Chicago and can't land for a while. And they are barely awake at 2pm Sunday for Game 1.

Of note and something possibly lost in the shuffle here, you may or may not be watching Teemu Selanne's final game tonight. So I'll try to appreciate it from that perspective regardless of outcome.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 16, 2014 -> 02:33 PM)
Kings are the better matchup for the Hawks, IMO. Who do they even have after the Kopitar line? Plus home-ice advantage is always pretty nice.

Are you asking this because you haven't watched these teams play and aren't sure, or because you think the Kings don't have anyone?

The depth up front is pretty equal, actually. Williams and Carter have both been good, to name a couple.

Both teams have a monster 1st line and then depth underneath it. Plus the Kings have Doughty from an offensive perspective.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 16, 2014 -> 02:33 PM)

Home Ice and making the team travel to us for the first two is nice. I also really really fear the Ducks.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 16, 2014 -> 03:13 PM)
Home Ice and making the team travel to us for the first two is nice. I also really really fear the Ducks.

I fear Jonathan Quick the most. Even so, its hard to forego home ice, so for me, that makes it close to a no-brainer. Go Kings.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 16, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
I fear Jonathan Quick the most. Even so, its hard to forego home ice, so for me, that makes it close to a no-brainer. Go Kings.

I dont because he gots out of position really easily and our guys tend to take advantage of that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 16, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
What year is this? Did last season not happen?

Too harsh. Just because we beat his team last year doesn't mean he's not a top goalie, or not capable of taking over a series. He is and he can.