2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 05:17 PM)
Pretty high average, pretty long term. It wouldn't shock me if we end up disliking this contract quite a bit. With that said, I'm glad to have him back.

He is just coming into his own. I can only imagine him getting better with more playing time, especially on the top line.

The Chicago Blackhawks signed Bryan Bickell to a four-year deal reportedly worth $15.2 million.

That's a handsome raise for a guy with just 90 points in 220 regular season games. Apparently Chicago's focused on the nine goals and 17 points he collected in 23 postseason contests. That 18.4 shooting percentage isn't likely to stick around, but he could still be fantasy-relevant if he draws high-end linemates.

Per Rotoworld

According to Pierre LeBrun, Bickell will receive a $1 million bonus plus $2 million in salary for next season, then $4 million in 2014-15, then $4.5 million in each of last two years of the deal. Should be noted that Chicago shed approximately $5.7 million in salary today with the Bolland and Frolik deals.

Per Pro Hockey Talk

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 07:29 PM)
Kind of sad Frolik is gone, I think he was better than most gave him credit for.

He wasn't the player he was advertised to be when he first got here, but he found his niche as a PK guy.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 12:04 AM)
We'll see if the cut minutes in the finals meant anything more than just giving more minutes to better defenders.

Bowman was caught saying multiple times they will siGN Leddy and Kruger.

Edited by Knuckles

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 05:11 PM)
Parade was pretty fun, even if I did have to get up at 4:30 this morning for it. Face got a little sunburn.

Funniest part was when my friend threw up in some lady's hair and my other buddy took a piss in a bottle he was holding. Was hilarious.

Yes. Absolutely hilarious that your friend vomited on some poor woman.

Seriously, how is that hilarious? What are you, 14?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)
Yes. Absolutely hilarious that your friend vomited on some poor woman.

Seriously, how is that hilarious? What are you, 14?

Agreed. It is absolutely hilarious to ruin other people's days because you have no self control and can't hold your alcohol. Hilarious.

I think he was referring to this post from the old thread.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 09:29 AM)
One drunk teenager threw up on a woman's head. Another whipped his dick out and started peeing in a cup. I somehow managed not to kill myself during the ride.