Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 04:48 PM)
At some point, Hahn has to pull the trigger. You can't go to Wednesday with all of your guys still here. You need to start pulling the trigger and then move your focus to other guys that need to be moved. Once Peavy goes, I think it opens up other teams potential need to go after a Dunn or Rios, imo.

I know what you mean by this but Dunn will definitely clear waivers. He could be moved in August if someone wanted.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:05 PM)
Well that's just f***ing stupid. I don't blame them for not eating any of his 2014 salary, but not eating some money left 2013 is idiotic if doing so will get us a better return.

I can't think money is a major concern with Peavy's deal. And I would think if ultimately a team wanted the sox to eat money, they would (or at least they better) be willing to eat 2M to get another good prospect.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)
Reinsdorf is f***ing up if he's making Hahn nickle and dime people. We need to take advantage of the payroll flexibility we have.

Exactly...figure out a way to move Dunn and Rios too. They'll have plenty of money so the fact that they'd have to eat a few million to get some more talent (if a team does in fact request that) wouldn't be a big deal. I'd hope we'd be willing to do the same for Rios if that is what it takes for Pitt to make a quality offer involving 2 top 10 prospects.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:51 PM)
I know what you mean by this but Dunn will definitely clear waivers. He could be moved in August if someone wanted.

Lindstrom, Crain, and Rios should all get moved between now and July 31st. Plus Alexei. That is 4 guys (in some instances Alexei might go with Peavy). Plus you have Dunn and even potentially Danks or Addison Reed to at least consider putting in front of teams. Reed might be the best closer out there and if a team gets desperate, I'd absolutely move Reed for the right package. You can't possibly have legitimate discussions on all of those guys if you wait on all of them till the end.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 11:01 AM)
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I'd rather keep Peavy, and to a lesser extent Rios, rather than getting rid of them just for the sake of getting rid of them. Yes, shedding salary would be nice, but I don't know where the salary savings can be spent that's going to be as worthwhile as holding out for top level talent in return for trades.

Play it down until 3pm on the 31st if necessary--I have a feeling some team out there will cave in on Peavy, and maybe Rios also. No reason to pull the trigger before the deadline unless somebody is offering the moon.

Terrible idea.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
Lindstrom, Crain, and Rios should all get moved between now and July 31st. Plus Alexei. That is 4 guys (in some instances Alexei might go with Peavy). Plus you have Dunn and even potentially Danks or Addison Reed to at least consider putting in front of teams. Reed might be the best closer out there and if a team gets desperate, I'd absolutely move Reed for the right package. You can't possibly have legitimate discussions on all of those guys if you wait on all of them till the end.

Not so sure on Crain.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 09:06 PM)
Oh how this pisses me off.

We should eat his entire f***ing contract if we can bring in more young, controllable talent. I don't see what the hold up is. How is our payroll even going to surpass 100 mil next year?

If the Sox eat 24 million for prospects, I would laugh so hard. Horrible f***ing idea.