Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:45 AM)
Bob Nightengale, who really is one of the better ones with White Sox info, says the Cardinals are still very interested in Peavy.

Everything is BS at this point, but

•There are no current discussions between the Cardinals and White Sox on Peavy, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Passan@JeffPassan

Sources: Bud Norris very likely to be dealt today, and Pittsburgh could be landing spot. Package built around Tyler Glasnow makes sense.

Astros scratched Bud Norris from his start today. Pirates won't deal Gregory Polanco for him. Houston does like Glasnow, a 6-7 monster RHP.

Other teams in on Bud Norris at the moment. One executive says Astros motivated to move him. Still under control for 2+ seasons.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)
It's saying Norris may be traded for Glasnow. If an of Glasnow+ was available for Peavy, I'm gonna shake my head

2.5 years of Norris is cheaper than 1.5 years of Peavy and he is younger. Don't discount that for a team like Pittsburgh.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:39 AM)
I figure doing what can be done to ease the tension is the best thing to do right now. We might find out in the next hour that Peavy has been traded, or we could go another 27 and a half hours and find out that he wasn't traded at all. Beating yourself up over it is just a waste of time at this point

You're right, and I'm definitely stressing out a bit.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:26 AM)
Axelrod is the kind of guy you want to keep around the rest of the year to eat innings so the guys you're actually counting on for 2014 and beyond don't get overworked. You can always DFA him in March.

Yea I dont mind Rienzo and Erik Johnson and Snodgress and whoever else not named Axelrod taking those innings. I am done with the "smoke and mirrors" experiment.

If the Sox are looking towards next season after this trade deadline, then lets look towards next season.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:45 AM)
You didn't even respond to what i said. You said " don't say one day "we will keep him and build around him" or have it floated out there, and the next, hold him from his start because you may trade him. I understand all of the misinformation that is out there, and realize most GMs know what is real and what is not, but if you are going to say it, make it at least appear as real as possible.

Which means you took something someone said about what Hahn supposedly said and applied it to Hahns actions of keeping PV from starting. That means you beleive Hahn is directly responsible for that piece of misinformation and he contradicts himself by starting PV. That just shows me you don't "understand all of the misinformation that is out there."

Hahn was responsible for that information. If you are going to bluff, play it out. Pulling him from his start if he hasn't been traded shows he was bluffing, and backed down. He wants to get rid of him, and if it ever said it was precautionary because he was afraid he might get hurt, he would be legitimizing any team's concern about his health as a reason for a reduced package.

Many GMs have a reputation of being almost ridiculous with their trade demands, yet they still make trades. This is the White Sox one big chip. He will still be a big chip at the Winter Meetings. No need to settle right now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:45 AM)
Bob Nightengale, who really is one of the better ones with White Sox info, says the Cardinals are still very interested in Peavy.

Cardinals and Red Sox according to Bob, and Dicks right Nightengale always seems to be on top of Sox rumors and is hardly wrong. Barley tweets and when he does he doesn't blow smoke.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)
Cardinals and Red Sox according to Bob, and Dicks right Nightengale always seems to be on top of Sox rumors and is hardly wrong. Barley tweets and when he does he doesn't blow smoke.

He actually was the guy that broke the Hahn GM story last summer. A month or so before it was announced.

I don't understand the DBacks. They are no longer interested in Peavy because BMac and Cahill will be back soon. Did they not realize this yesterday?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 05:58 PM)
He actually was the guy that broke the Hahn GM story last summer. A month or so before it was announced.

I don't understand the DBacks. They are no longer interested in Peavy because BMac and Cahill will be back soon. Did they not realize this yesterday?

To me, I don't think Arizona believes they have much of a shot this year given the Dodgers huge run.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)
Sure does....today would be good timing. Getting Cruz suspended may make Texas move.

Sounds like there may be some posturing going on around Arod and that is holding up the announcement. Seems like MLB is going out of its way to provide the Yankees a way to void his contract, which is coming at the expense of the teams that may be impacted.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
I really hope that Rick Hahn doesn't trade Peavy if the right value isn't presented in return. If the Sox do not receive the offer that they like, why not just wait until the off-season to trade him?

There is a real limited pool of available pitchers now which drives up Peavy's value. The market will be different in the offseason when there are many more guys available in a trade and free agent possibilities.

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 38s

Execs spoken to say request for Peavy remains high - top-50 prospect in 3-4-plyr package - for injury-prone plyr with about $20M owed

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 35s

Sense is still Peavy does go and in order most likely landing spots are 1) #Cardinals 2) #Redsox 3) #Athletics

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
I really hope that Rick Hahn doesn't trade Peavy if the right value isn't presented in return. If the Sox do not receive the offer that they like, why not just wait until the off-season to trade him?

While a few people will be up in arms, they are also the people who would be complaining about the return if it was short anyway. Unless they trade Sale or maybe Quintana, this is the one player the Sox have that can net them good prospects, not the guys we are used to seeing. If the offers are short, you still have time to move him. Maybe in the winter there will be more teams able to take on his contract and/or more teams that think adding Peavy gives them a legit shot at the playoffs.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 06:07 PM)
Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 38s

Execs spoken to say request for Peavy remains high - top-50 prospect in 3-4-plyr package - for injury-prone plyr with about $20M owed

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 35s

Sense is still Peavy does go and in order most likely landing spots are 1) #Cardinals 2) #Redsox 3) #Athletics

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1

Not a high asking price. The going rate. That price better not come down.

It's also what we expect. People will still complain if he isn't moved.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood