7/7 at Rays

flavum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2013 -> 02:14 PM)
He hasn't been perfect but Danks has been quite good again so far today.

In no way, shape, form or fashion am I blaming Danks.

Do you think if the front office announced all tickets the rest of the season at the Cell would be 10 bucks with free parking that the Sox would draw a ton of fans? It'd be like going to a movie. I assume movies in Chicago are about 10 bucks now?

It probably would anger season ticket holders, though. I guess if you are rich ticket prices don't matter even if the product is abysmal.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 7, 2013 -> 02:57 PM)
Alexei is far from perfect, but one day we'll miss having a shortstop that makes those plays look easy

I've been saying it for a while, but we've been spoiled with good play at SS for about a decade.

Ramirez might be the most under appreciated Sox player of my lifetime. Seriously.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 7, 2013 -> 03:06 PM)
I've been saying it for a while, but we've been spoiled with good play at SS for about a decade.

Ramirez might be the most under appreciated Sox player of my lifetime. Seriously.

I agree, and that's what makes moving Alexei so hard. Maybe he is more respected / appreciated among GMs themselves, but I just don't see it likely that the SOX will win a trade involving Ramirez, short term or long term. With that said, Alexei has been one of the SOX biggest problems this year, while he at times is one of the most valuable players on the team. Hard to understand.

I'd personally keep Alexei, Alex and Peavy around if the SOX cannot get 1 major league ready prospect who is ready to legitimately contribute in return for each of them. Move everybody else.

If I could turn Alexei into Kolten Wong via trade, I'd do it without much hesitation. Kolten would immediately become our 2B with Gordon going to SS -- you then have a nice young MIF to grow with.