Game Thread 7/8: CUB @ SOX

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 02:28 AM)
He's just one part of a 3 man race for fourth outfielder of the future. I'm okay with that

I'll make the prediction that the 4th outfielder next year isn't in the organization right now. I also will make a prediction that the Sox will give Mitchell some ABs at the MLB level at the end of this year.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 03:29 AM)
I'll make the prediction that the 4th outfielder next year isn't in the organization right now. I also will make a prediction that the Sox will give Mitchell some ABs at the MLB level at the end of this year.

And Casper becomes a pitcher.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2013 -> 09:29 PM)

Google Mitchell's scouting report-not too good. Basically he's regressed into a projected below average hitter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2013 -> 09:29 PM)

Why go outside the org. for a backup OF'er in a rebuilding/transition year?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 02:32 AM)
Why go outside the org. for a backup OF'er in a rebuilding/transition year?

Because all the options in the organization suck right now and you typically see people brought in for cheap in the offseason (ie: Tekotte)

There's a lot of teams that have the Sox number this year. Remember when our main complaint during the Ozzie days was we could never sweep anybody? We'd win the first two of a series and lose on Sunday and be all pissed.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 02:34 AM)
There's a lot of teams that have the Sox number this year. Remember when our main complaint during the Ozzie days was we could never sweep anybody? We'd win the first two of a series and lose on Sunday and be all pissed.

Oh dear

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 03:35 AM)
Just pointing out how easy it is to sweep the Sox and how even when we were good, we rarely swept anybody.

Sox are getting swept a lot because they suck. There were plenty of times where the Sox swept awful teams.

Kenny Williams ‏@NotKenWilliams 15m

Cubs fans certainly enjoy our diamond suites, jumbotron, running water, delicious food, ample parking, and modern plumbing...don't they?

Lots of games left to change our minds about who will stick around next year. We could easily hate Josh Phegley and love Blake Tekotte a month from now

Edited by Jake