Hey, it's an afternoon game . . .

cabiness42

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 01:33 PM)
Sale is one of 2 or 3 pitchers to throw 120+ pitches twice this season. (Or something like that) Robin Ventura = white Dusty Baker

In 1993, Randy Johnson went over 120 21 times. He went over 140 9 times over 150 once. He was really good for a long time after that.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 01:44 PM)
We were pretty close to trading for Cabrera though iirc. Didnt have the pieces and the Tigers swoop in. What could have been.

I believe one of the hold ups is that we didn't want to take back Dontrelle Willis

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 01:38 PM)
I still think that Miggy isn't smart, he's just too supremely talented to hardly ever look fooled up there. I think his pitch recognition is simply other-worldly and his ability to convert the recognition into a result is just as impressive. I don't think he has to try hard at all to be this good.

Watching him go to RF last night showed he's a magician with the bat, and a very clever hitter. I wouldn't want him taking a calculus test for me, but he's a hitting genius.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 06:45 PM)
I believe one of the hold ups is that we didn't want to take back Dontrelle Willis

I'm reading the thread on it. Josh Fields was everyone's centerpiece. Other big names included were the likes of Lance Broadway, and Jerry Owens