Hey, it's an afternoon game . . .

cabiness42

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 02:04 PM)
I wish, I just don't see what throwing 120 pitches vs. 113 a couple of times a year destroys a pitcher as is characterized as abuse. When some were complaining about Santiago not being stretched out, I mentioned he was able to throw 100 pitches in a start and the response I received was he should be able to get to 110-115. That's basically what Sale is averaging.

I hear ya, he's not doing it in every start, so it shouldn't kill him. But when your season is down the drain already, it just seems better to be cautious with your most valuable asset.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 02:12 PM)
I hear ya, he's not doing it in every start, so it shouldn't kill him. But when your season is down the drain already, it just seems better to be cautious with your most valuable asset.

I'm sure the Sox will be very careful with him in the second half. He will probably skip a couple of starts or more. The last thing this season needs is a Sale injury.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 03:13 PM)
+ steroids, sure. Bonds pre-steroids wasn't this good.

Worth noting their OPS+ numbers, which do ballpark factors and take into account the rest of the league.

Frank Thomas, 1994: 212

Miguel Cabrera, 2013: 200.

Frank had 7 seasons with an OPS+ over 170. Cabrera is in his 3rd.

My lord that's insane, even I didn't realize that Frank's numbers were like that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 03:19 PM)
Worth noting their ERA+ numbers, which do ballpark factors and take into account the rest of the league.

Frank had 7 seasons with an ERA+ over 170. Cabrera is in his 3rd.

My lord that's insane, even I didn't realize that Frank's numbers were like that.

I think you meant OPS+, but point taken.

Worth noting their ERA+ numbers, which do ballpark factors and take into account the rest of the league.

Frank had 7 seasons with an ERA+ over 170. Cabrera is in his 3rd.

I must have missed all the games that those two pitched.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 02:19 PM)
Worth noting their OPS+ numbers, which do ballpark factors and take into account the rest of the league.

Frank had 7 seasons with an OPS+ over 170. Cabrera is in his 3rd.

First ballot HOFer no doubt in my mind