Grinder Bash

ewokpelts

Reading what an awful time the members of that site have going to the game, it seems they have to interact heavily with ushers every visit, it is incredible they still want anything to do with the team. They actually complained about the stripes on the pants earlier this season.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 03:24 PM)
Reading what an awful time the members of that site have going to the game, it seems they have to interact heavily with ushers every visit, it is incredible they still want anything to do with the team. They actually complained about the stripes on the pants earlier this season.
but, it's obvious the poor road record is because of the not as striped pants this year....

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 04:11 PM)
They should all be banned for excessive talking

Haha, yep.

I got banned from that site for asking to be banned for lifetime.

They had criticized something my best friend had written and I thought they were overreacting. Part of me felt guilty that I had invited him to the site myself and thought he would enjoy it, but he ended up getting "jumped" right away by a posse of about 3-5 for an unpopular opinion about something so seemingly unimportant.

I think I was given a one or two week temporary suspension, but I sent a PM to one of the mods and said I no longer wanted to contribute in any way, shape or form and they should stick to patting each other on the back for their "united front" against anyone who dared to go against the status quo or popular group think-based opinion.

And that was that. I checked about a month later and sure enough had the lifetime exile/ban.

Edited by caulfield12

It's kind of funny. The mods at WSI drove away and banned everyone they didn't like and now WSI is what it is, where as Palehosed, and Soxtalk (where the departed left to go), are infinitely better.

Edited by whitesox901

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 08:35 PM)
Some of the posters over there do complain excessively about the attendants though.

Which attendants? Parking attendants, bathroom attendants? :bang

Or do you mean attendance?

They actually complained about the stripes on the pants earlier this season.

The only time I would ever complain about stripes on pants is on a stripper, and that's because if a stripper is wearing pants she's doing her job wrong.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 11:40 AM)
The only time I would ever complain about stripes on pants is on a stripper, and that's because if a stripper is wearing pants she's doing her job wrong.

I second that

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)
Eh, does it really matter what they say? They have got their own thing going on there, they are happy with it, and that's cool. For me, I am happier with the personalities here. If I were worried about it, I'd go look up what they thought.

I agree. This thread kind of mirrors them because there is so little to talk about when the team is like this.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 12:28 PM)
I read through the WSI thread, and I can see why some of the folks there are peeved. Full year season ticket holders literally got no notice of the event at all.

While that could be a legitimate gripe, I'm sure if they do go to the event they will have many more complaints about it.

They complain about everything, from pre game videos to the usher doesn't smile at them. Now they are complaining about White Sox commercials and the font on Kittle's replica jersey.

Seriously, I know baseball is a tradition passed down from generation to generation, but if every little thing bothers someone so much, and they go out of their way to find the smallest thing, why not find something else to spend your money and time?

Things change over time and that includes message boards too. This site has gone through several eras, and an upheaval or 2 since it was soxnet.net. WSI went through a long era of purging, including some of their best and most creative posters. It's a testimony to this site and WSI that both have lasted over a decade. Some mods will want to throw their weight around. Some posters will want to "lord the board" and tell people what subjects are worthy of posting. That's just the way it is. As for WSI and soxtalk no need for one to disparage the other. It's nice to have to some options as a Sox fan.

Edited by SI1020

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)
Haha, yep.

I got banned from that site for asking to be banned for lifetime.

They had criticized something my best friend had written and I thought they were overreacting. Part of me felt guilty that I had invited him to the site myself and thought he would enjoy it, but he ended up getting "jumped" right away by a posse of about 3-5 for an unpopular opinion about something so seemingly unimportant.

I think I was given a one or two week temporary suspension, but I sent a PM to one of the mods and said I no longer wanted to contribute in any way, shape or form and they should stick to patting each other on the back for their "united front" against anyone who dared to go against the status quo or popular group think-based opinion.

And that was that. I checked about a month later and sure enough had the lifetime exile/ban.

I got a lifetime ban for posting a twitter link about 10 seconds after I posted a trade that had been made. Once their mods form a bad opinion of you then your toast.

A bunch of us in Soxtalk chat got accounts to troll over there 7 or 8 years ago and I was rightfully insta-banned. I probably could sign up again without my IP being blocked by now since I've moved. It doesn't seem like a good place for me.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 12:33 PM)
While that could be a legitimate gripe, I'm sure if they do go to the event they will have many more complaints about it.

They complain about everything, from pre game videos to the usher doesn't smile at them. Now they are complaining about White Sox commercials and the font on Kittle's replica jersey.

Seriously, I know baseball is a tradition passed down from generation to generation, but if every little thing bothers someone so much, and they go out of their way to find the smallest thing, why not find something else to spend your money and time?

I think kittle's wearing a replica jersey. Harold has the authentic on( as he's an actual coach).

OF COURSE the replicas look different. They are sold for $100, where authetics with lettering are $250.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 06:22 PM)
I got a lifetime ban for posting a twitter link about 10 seconds after I posted a trade that had been made. Once their mods form a bad opinion of you then your toast.

They don't warn either. I got a 6 month ban for not bowing to the alter of political correctness. A thread was about a player using the race card and I mentioned some black guy called on the SCORE and mentioned how Robinson had to deal with it and the needed to stop crying over it. Something like that anyway. Most of the mods are f***tards. Lip and Daver are great. I often wish the worst for their site. Best site ever is Colts Freaks. Lightly moderation and they limit their participation in discussions. They will ban you for trolling.

I was never at WSI long enough for a ban, noticing early on that I didn't care much for the site. I did however receive a warning there for being overly religious. I had simply agreed with something another poster had said and I replied "Amen brother, preach it!". For that I received a warning. I just never went back.

WSI and ST are just different sites. There really are advantages to both, it just depends on what you are looking for. I post over there occasionally, but mostly I just like to keep that account open to keep in touch with their Mods/Admins, occasionally sell Sox tickets I can't use from my seasons, and contribute when I see some information missing.

I actually got suspended over there once, amazingly, for something I posted on a Tigers board. Long story short, the Tigers fans were asking about Sox boards, and I provided a synopsis. I honestly gave pluses and minuses for both. Turns out some poster from WSI also posted on the Tigers board, clipped out some of my post out of context, sent it to WSI Mods, and poof.. banned. I explained it to them, showed them the whole post, and they let me back. So they weren't totally unreasonable, though I thought the idea of banning someone for what the posted on a different board was a little much.

Obviously I chose this site as my primary place, but I can understand how other personalities may prefer WSI's style.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 09:30 AM)
WSI and ST are just different sites. There really are advantages to both, it just depends on what you are looking for. I post over there occasionally, but mostly I just like to keep that account open to keep in touch with their Mods/Admins, occasionally sell Sox tickets I can't use from my seasons, and contribute when I see some information missing.

I actually got suspended over there once, amazingly, for something I posted on a Tigers board. Long story short, the Tigers fans were asking about Sox boards, and I provided a synopsis. I honestly gave pluses and minuses for both. Turns out some poster from WSI also posted on the Tigers board, clipped out some of my post out of context, sent it to WSI Mods, and poof.. banned. I explained it to them, showed them the whole post, and they let me back. So they weren't totally unreasonable, though I thought the idea of banning someone for what the posted on a different board was a little much.

Obviously I chose this site as my primary place, but I can understand how other personalities may prefer WSI's style.

Hahaha what? That's beyond ridiculous.

It's like they don't really know how the internet is supposed to function.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 07:07 AM)
I was never at WSI long enough for a ban, noticing early on that I didn't care much for the site. I did however receive a warning there for being overly religious. I had simply agreed with something another poster had said and I replied "Amen brother, preach it!". For that I received a warning. I just never went back.

I got suspended for a week for being too negative in a game thread. Then I got perma-banned for posting about something technology related that they thought was illegal at the time (it wasn't legal or illegal at that time and it ended up being legalized a year later).

The mods there just enjoy finding any little thing to ban you over.

Edited by chw42