Grinder Bash

ewokpelts

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 09:41 AM)
Hahaha what? That's beyond ridiculous.

It's like they don't really know how the internet is supposed to function.

They really don't. A large group of posters were perma-banned one night for a thread created on a completely different site.

I too was booted from WSI for life. My terrible crime was posting during the September swoon in '05 that they needed to start playing better or they're going to blow this.

Without warning I was banned for life. I emailed them a plea saying I had been a heavy regular there and contributed over 500 posts (I had joined that season) and received no response.

And here I am, happily. The funny thing is, anybody who spends any time on a team board knows that the most traffic comes after a loss or when things aren't going well--after a win you can only post woo-hoo! so many times. Which is not to say only negativity increases traffic, but what kind of operation are you running when you set up a board where members can't be critical of the team?

Too bad, it's a nice site with some cool features/content but who wants to live under those rules?

I'm perfectly happy here.

And while this has been a godawful season I'm finally in baseball mode after the Hawks and looking forward to getting back to some games. After all, summer = baseball and I need to get back to the smells, sights and sounds at The Cell that we all love so much, regardless of whether the team blows.

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 14, 2013 -> 10:58 PM)
He has to be in the top 5 douche bags on that site.

All the other mods love to hype him up saying bulls*** like "I'll have to see how Daver feels on player X first." Embarrassing. I don't know what his credentials are, but they treat him like he's a baseball god. All he does is provide snarky one liners that rarely stimulate conversation other than arguments.

He's probably one of the view that has knowledge of the farm system. He knows people in the organization.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 06:07 AM)
I was never at WSI long enough for a ban, noticing early on that I didn't care much for the site. I did however receive a warning there for being overly religious. I had simply agreed with something another poster had said and I replied "Amen brother, preach it!". For that I received a warning. I just never went back.

If I said, "Baseball owners are like congressmen, they throw lots of money on bad products". That would cite a warning for being political.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
If you look now, you can see there is no depth in Sox or baseball discussions compared to here. #6 thread is titled Latest Sox commercial. #4 My Annual White Sox Marketing & Game Experience Complaint List. What does that tell you?

Ummmm, that they drove away a lot of really good fans? Honestly, I haven't checked them out in a loooong time, but what can be left there but a little coffee clutch group, which I guess is what they want.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
He's probably one of the view that has knowledge of the farm system. He knows people in the organization.
so do i, but that dosent make me an expert on the farm system. short of being rick or kenny's personal friend, you wont get much "inside info" from the club. most of what daver "knows" is off the internet.