Chris Sale is a Stud Thread

shago

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 11:00 PM)
you guys are such homers right now

Not really, Sale was the best player in the game. The whole life time achievement award is stupid, I'd feel the same way even if it wasn't Chris. Granted, it's only the all star MVP so who cares but I hate when this type of crap happens.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 10:14 PM)
Not really, Sale was the best player in the game. The whole life time achievement award is stupid, I'd feel the same way even if it wasn't Chris. Granted, it's only the all star MVP so who cares but I hate when this type of crap happens.

but it happens in everything from baseball to football to the oscars etc etc - dude was in his last all star game and he's the greatest ever at his position. give him the hardware.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 09:37 PM)
It's an injustice of epic proportions. I quit baseball. [/greg775]

Nobody watched it without Puig. It doesn't matter. [/caufield12]

We'll see what ratings turn out to be.

2011 3.1

2012 3.2 (with Trout and Harper)

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/july/w...-star-game.html

why are fewer and fewer fans watching the all-star game?

Edited by caulfield12

Ehh call me crazy but sale only did over two innings what the rest of the AL staff did over 1.

I think Cabrera should have gotten it he had the double and scored the run that allowed sale to get the W and he was flashing some leather at 3rd base. No one really stepped up this year. It was going to Rivera no matter what so at least no one got snubbed that badly.

I've never understood the fellatio that the media loves to perform on Riviera. Sure, he has been one of the games best closers but really, come on. Let's be honest here if he didn't have a cutter the guy would be shoveling sh*t along side the panama canal. Yet the media & commish treats the guy as if he cured cancer. Did you see that incredibly uncomfortable and inappropriate hug? Hard to watch.

I agree with an earlier poster that said it would be great if he decided not to retire, then they would be forced to do this whole thing over again and realize how stupid it is to over do it as they did on so many levels last night. The idea that he was the MVP is absolutely ridiculous and the MLB should be ashamed of themselves. Maybe Sale didn't deserve it either, FYI...in a game like this it's hard to choose a clear cut MVP. But in no way does the Riviera choice make sense. In an all star game they should put this ceremonial crap aside and leave that for his final game at Yankee stadium.

Sheesh. Must be an off day.

I mean, I agree the whole Rivera victory lap thing this year is overblown to the point of creepy. And yeah, Sale probably did a little more than others to deserve the MVP.

But this really bothers people that much? It's the ALL STAR GAME MVP. It doesn't matter.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 10:30 PM)
At least Sale got an All Star win. That's something. I'm not going to freak out anymore. He's the MVP in my mind, just like Crede was the World Series MVP.

Dye put up a 1.214 OPS and had the World Series winning hit. He was a perfectly acceptable choice.

If they had a playoffs MVP, Crede would have won that.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 10:32 PM)
The wrong guy got the award. That's all there is to it.

WRONG KID DIED

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 03:19 AM)
I've never understood the fellatio that the media loves to perform on Riviera. Sure, he has been one of the games best closers but really, come on. Let's be honest here if he didn't have a cutter the guy would be shoveling sh*t along side the panama canal. Yet the media & commish treats the guy as if he cured cancer. Did you see that incredibly uncomfortable and inappropriate hug? Hard to watch.

I agree with an earlier poster that said it would be great if he decided not to retire, then they would be forced to do this whole thing over again and realize how stupid it is to over do it as they did on so many levels last night. The idea that he was the MVP is absolutely ridiculous and the MLB should be ashamed of themselves. Maybe Sale didn't deserve it either, FYI...in a game like this it's hard to choose a clear cut MVP. But in no way does the Riviera choice make sense. In an all star game they should put this ceremonial crap aside and leave that for his final game at Yankee stadium.

Saying Rivera is nothing without his cutter is like saying Mark McGwire was nothing without his power. It's true, but it's the reason they are as good as they are. Rivera is absolutely 100% the best closer of all time and, if he's not the best reliever of all time, he's one of the best.

It's an All Star MVP. I think we can relax a little bit.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)
If there's no clear cut offensive pick, maybe Sale gets the MVP. Can't argue with 6 up 6 down.

LOL, easiest money in the bank ever was 20:1 for "the field" which included Mariano Rivera. He had it before the game even started.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 08:08 AM)
Sheesh. Must be an off day.

I mean, I agree the whole Rivera victory lap thing this year is overblown to the point of creepy. And yeah, Sale probably did a little more than others to deserve the MVP.

But this really bothers people that much? It's the ALL STAR GAME MVP. It doesn't matter.

This exactly. Plus historically the All-Star game has been used to honor all time greats who are retiring. This has precedence.

Usually the guy who deserves the MVP, gets it.

In this case, he did not.

I'm not mad about it, but there's right and wrong...and this was wrong.

It's typical 2013 marketing, pre-packaged, FOX, MLB, east coast biased, crap.