Chris Sale is a Stud Thread

shago

Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 13m

Sale apologized to Ventura. The lefty was visibly upset Monday when Ventura decided to intentionally walk Cabrera.

Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales 4m

RV said he had a candid talk with Sale but understood his desire to face Cabrera.

Chris Sale apologized to Robin Ventura for last night's dispute. Ventura said he understands Sale's competitive nature. #WhiteSox

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 2m

Sale cleared the air with RV post game last night. Said nothing more than a family disagreement

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)
Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 13m

Sale apologized to Ventura. The lefty was visibly upset Monday when Ventura decided to intentionally walk Cabrera.

Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales 4m

RV said he had a candid talk with Sale but understood his desire to face Cabrera.

Chris Sale apologized to Robin Ventura for last night's dispute. Ventura said he understands Sale's competitive nature. #WhiteSox

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 2m

Sale cleared the air with RV post game last night. Said nothing more than a family disagreement

Is there a video of that anywhere?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 07:58 AM)
But that stunts his growth. Wouldn't be a good move.

Maybe ptatc can tell us if it'd be smart to shut him down. I'm at the point I'd consider it even though it's tough to just put a pitcher on hold cause his team stinks. I feel so sorry for Sale. It's impossible to go 1-8 with an ERA like that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 03:16 AM)
Maybe ptatc can tell us if it'd be smart to shut him down. I'm at the point I'd consider it even though it's tough to just put a pitcher on hold cause his team stinks. I feel so sorry for Sale. It's impossible to go 1-8 with an ERA like that.

Shutting him down would be dumb. If you want to limit his innings or pitches the rest of the way, fine, but shutting him down with 2 months left in the season does nothing.

ptatc has already said elsewhere that this is the perfect situation for the Sox to stretch him out in terms of pitches per game and innings pitched when the risk of losing a game to do so isn't something we care about

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 07:55 AM)
Shutting him down would be dumb. If you want to limit his innings or pitches the rest of the way, fine, but shutting him down with 2 months left in the season does nothing.

Exactly. Just don't let Robin have him throw 120 pitches a start. If anything, that f***s up a pitcher.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 03:16 AM)

Clearly it isn't.