GT 7/26: Yes, Peavy and Rios are still on the team

cabiness42

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 03:03 AM)
It's so White Sox.

Yep, to think that the Marlins have a good shot of finishing with a better record than the Sox is ridiculous given the Marlins giving up on the season before it ever started. Ventura has done nothing to deserve another year here.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 03:06 AM)
I tend to think any cash sent with Peavy would be limited. He doesn't have to be dumped.

I agree to disagree. With his injury history, he makes a ton of money. Isn't he guaranteed something like 15 mill next season? Or I'm I wrong about that?

I'm holding out some hope that they can make a managerial change after the season, if for no other reason than he's not going be there in 2015 anyway. Just speed up the process on that front. Hahn should be able to hire his own guy.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 10:07 PM)
I'm holding out some hope that they can make a managerial change after the season, if for no other reason than he's not going be there in 2015 anyway. Just speed up the process on that front. Hahn should be able to hire his own guy.

Dan Hayes has been telling me that Rick Hahn loves Robin, that Robin wants to stay, and that ownership may have more loyalty to Robin than to Hahn -- but that there is no inkling on any side within the org. to make that change at this point in time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 10:07 PM)
I agree to disagree. With his injury history, he makes a ton of money. Isn't he guaranteed something like 15 mill next season? Or I'm I wrong about that?

Including the rest of the year, next year, and the deferred 4 mil for his buyout, it's about 24 mil total.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 03:07 AM)

How bout LaRussa? Sign him to a 10-year deal.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 10:07 PM)

Again, it's not like we have to move him. His salary will not hamstring us. I would imagine Hahn is approaching negotiations that way. I seriously doubt the salary is an albatross - rather, it's acting as an incentive to other teams that you'll get him for a year and a half.

A 4-pitch ninth inning. It's truly embarrassing. You are down 5-1 vs. Hochevar you are supposed to take a few pitches. This team is truly a pathetic excuse for a ballclub. Team is performing so badly in the Cell, I'd say the Sox still could finish with the worst record in baseball cause it's not going to magically win games on the road the second half.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 03:06 AM)
I'm going to vote, "Robin Ventura has had minimal impact on our record"

I don't think I've ever seen another manager get criticized less for having a team that their homer announcer states it the worst defensive, hitting and base running team he's ever seen. By no means am I blaming Ventura for this debacle of a season....but he's also shown absolutely no urgency to even try anything different when his team is in a slump.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 03:12 AM)
Stupid Astros are on fire (in terms of losing). They're looking good for the #1 spot.

Sox are going to finish No. 1. This team is going to lose so many road games it'll make your head spin the second half. This home record is declining and declining every series the team plays in the Cell. You'll get your wish. This is by far the worst team in baseball. I mean when Gillaspie is maybe your best hitter? Cmon.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 04:14 AM)
Sox are going to finish No. 1. This team is going to lose so many road games it'll make your head spin the second half. This home record is declining and declining every series the team plays in the Cell. You'll get your wish. This is by far the worst team in baseball. I mean when Gillaspie is maybe your best hitter? Cmon.

That would be fantastic. I've seen some draft/minor league experts say Rondon could easily be top prospect in baseball in two years.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 03:18 AM)
That would be fantastic. I've seen some draft/minor league experts say Rondon could easily be top prospect in baseball in two years.

Who is Rondon?

Is not like Robin doesn't realize this is an absolute s***-show. What's he going to do? This isn't football. You can't beat it into them. It's just a bad mix of players having bad years. When one guy struggles, nobody picks him up. Dunn is the only player that can carry a team. They all go bad at the same time. It's just a bad team. Ventura can't do s*** about it except continue to lean on the pitchers that will be here, extend them and hope they learn how to pitch under adversity.