Sox/Royals

Heads22

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 05:33 PM)
Yes, every manager should be judged on his win loss.

When the payroll is over 100 million, yes he should.

He's getting a free pass because he's Robin Ventura. If Mark Parent or Joe McEwing got the job at the same time, and the team was playing like this, everyone would be calling for the manager's head.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 05:33 PM)
Yes, every manager should be judged on his win loss.

So managers shouldn't be judged on wins and loses and pitchers shouldn't be judged on wins and losses.. Wins and losses are the most important f***ing thing in the game, get out of here with this crap

We overachieved last year after he was hired to preside over a rebuild and this year we underachieved. Having Robin preside over a rebuilt White Sox in a year or two is a plan that probably hasn't changed

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)

He's getting a free pass because he's Robin Ventura. If Mark Parent or Joe McEwing got the job at the same time, and the team was playing like this, everyone would be calling for the manager's head.

He's getting a free pass because he's a 2nd year manager who replaced a loud ego-maniac and half the fanbase doesn't give a s*** right now anyway.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 09:01 PM)
He's getting a free pass because he's a 2nd year manager who replaced a loud ego-maniac and half the fanbase doesn't give a s*** right now anyway.

If this was Dave Martinez's team people would figure he was done and it would ruin his chances at future employment

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:03 PM)
How do we get these better position players Greg? Magic.

I'd like to see the organization come up with that answer before Greg. So far they drafted multi sport athletes to play the OF, low baseball IQ, skill deficits that can't be fixed in the minors. I guess the answer is stop doing that.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)

Well put.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 03:38 PM)

I don't know what to say. Last year this team executed flawless baseball. This year they are a complete and utter s*** show. Horrific fundementals and obviously a flat out awful offense. I don't know what to say given I gave Ventura a lot of credit for last years great fundementals and now this year, does he get the blame for the s***ty fundementals or should he have not gotten the credit for either year? Or did this team just quit?

I really don't know...all I know is Hahn needs to make about 4 trades by Wednesday (and I'd prefer more then that). Clean house. Outside of last year, I've seen about 4-5 straight years of crappy fundementals and I'm frustrated by it. Things need to change.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 09:13 PM)
I don't really mind Tank swinging 3-0

Getting caught up with this thread after Mass/dinner.

Why? He needs to learn how to walk and we also needed a baserunner IMO. How's he EVER gonna walk again if he swings 3-0.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 09:50 PM)
Lots of good progress with Viciedo lately. Hes been murdering good rightys. He's doing a good job cutting down his swing.

Hope you are right! I haven't watched enough games of late. He still makes an out whenever I'm watching, but I hope you are right. It'd be very nice if Dayan wasn't a big fat bust.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 10:39 PM)
Beckham and Konerko hit like girls.

LOL. Enjoyed that post.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 10:50 PM)
This series taught me that the sox need more pitching and that is what Hahn should target

Be careful. Whenever I rip one of our relievers I get blasted big time on here.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 02:01 AM)

Hey. You are offending the Ozzie lovers on this board. Wait ... I'm the only one in that club.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 10:26 PM)
Getting caught up with this thread after Mass/dinner.

Why? He needs to learn how to walk and we also needed a baserunner IMO. How's he EVER gonna walk again if he swings 3-0.

Hope you are right! I haven't watched enough games of late. He still makes an out whenever I'm watching, but I hope you are right. It'd be very nice if Dayan wasn't a big fat bust.

LOL. Enjoyed that post.

Be careful. Whenever I rip one of our relievers I get blasted big time on here.

Hey. You are offending the Ozzie lovers on this board. Wait ... I'm the only one in that club.

Though I'm sure this will get lost in the archives....

To your 1st reply- Good fastball hitters should always get the 3-0 green light IMO. Tank is a good fastball hitter.

2nd- Funny how you only seem to watch when bad things happen. Or maybe you just choose to ignore the good while you dwell on the bad. Tank is 9 for his last 18.

3rd- I agree with your Lol of that post lol...I have hope for Beckhams power coming back but sadly I can't wait to see PK retire.

4th- I believe he was sarcastic in that post.

5th- Yes, yes you are. I can't imagine how much s*** Oz would be talking about this team, though it would probably be truthful, I don't want a manager who's gonna throw players under the bus.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 05:38 AM)
Though I'm sure this will get lost in the archives....

To your 1st reply- Good fastball hitters should always get the 3-0 green light IMO. Tank is a good fastball hitter.

2nd- Funny how you only seem to watch when bad things happen. Or maybe you just choose to ignore the good while you dwell on the bad. Tank is 9 for his last 18.

3rd- I agree with your Lol of that post lol...I have hope for Beckhams power coming back but sadly I can't wait to see PK retire.

4th- I believe he was sarcastic in that post.

5th- Yes, yes you are. I can't imagine how much s*** Oz would be talking about this team, though it would probably be truthful, I don't want a manager who's gonna throw players under the bus.

I saw your comments before they got archived.

I'm being serious. I must be Dayan's bad luck cause if he's 9-18 I've seen none of the hits and a lot of those 9 outs. Whether Robin is good or bad, he's the leader of one of the worst teams in Sox history. Not good.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 12:57 AM)
I saw your comments before they got archived.

I'm being serious. I must be Dayan's bad luck cause if he's 9-18 I've seen none of the hits and a lot of those 9 outs. Whether Robin is good or bad, he's the leader of one of the worst teams in Sox history. Not good.

He's had a hit in 6 of the last 7 games, reached base in 9 of the last 10. Maybe you should do us all a favor and stop watching all together =p

He was also the leader of one of the most fundamentally sound teams in recent memory last year. I'd give him 1 more year to break the tie of fundamentally bad vs fundamentally awful.