Peavy appreciation thread

Knackattack

Jake Peavy, I'm so glad I got to have you on my team for 3+ years. I was like a kid at Christmas when we traded for you. Thanks for pitching your f***ing ass off for this team, even through all the injuries. Best of luck in Boston, JFP!

It was 4 years ago today (the 31st) that I was moving out of my apartment in Logan Square when I heard the news that we traded for Peavy. Was a bit concerned since he was hurt when we traded for him but excited to have him on our staff nonetheless. I truly enjoyed having someone so gutsy on my favorite team. I'll miss him, but I know this is a move to better the future of this ballclub. Good luck with everything Jake!

Jake looked like an expensive mistake at one point but continually put his money where his mouth was, working hard to come back from a potentially career-ending injury and later taking a hometown discount to be a White Sox

Thanks for bringing passion to the mound Jake. Your grunting and attitude was great out there. Way to fight back after the weirdest injury I have ever seen. We knew we were going to get a good game when you pitched which is more than we could say than that weak POS Gavin Floyd.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 06:49 AM)
84 appearances, 83 starts, 537.2 IP, 36-29, 4.00 ERA, 7 CG, 3 SO, 1.15 WHIP, 7.97 K/9, 3.66 K/BB

Is it just me, or do those peripherals not add up to a 4.00 ERA?

I think that comment sums up the Peavy era in Chicago perfectly.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 07:33 AM)
Thanks for bringing passion to the mound Jake. Your grunting and attitude was great out there. Way to fight back after the weirdest injury I have ever seen. We knew we were going to get a good game when you pitched which is more than we could say than that weak POS Gavin Floyd.

Peavy ERA with the Sox: 4.00

Floyd ERA with the Sox: 4.22

I really had fun rooting for and watching Jake. I still will root for him. He is the kind of guy you want on the Sox. I hated that the Sox had played themselves into a position to trade him. I want more trades to get rid of the guys that played so poorly that the Sox had to trade Peavy. Good luck Jake. You deserve a standing ovation when you return to Chicago. Thank you.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:00 PM)
Jake looked like an expensive mistake at one point but continually put his money where his mouth was, working hard to come back from a potentially career-ending injury and later taking a hometown discount to be a White Sox

+1

And he proved Fathom wrong in coming back to be a good pitcher again :)