So, Where is the $ Reallocated Now?

Dunt

Interested in where you guys think the money we saved on Peavy and the contracts we have coming off the books for Konerko, etc. is going to be put towards going into next season. Obviously there is still a chance that someone could be picked up off of waivers in the next month, but I am going in assuming this is largely the roster we have next season. What do you hope they spend on and what do you hope the opening day roster is?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 04:04 PM)
Our payroll for the 2014 season is now 61.25 million. Plus 25 million for the new TV deal.

Our payroll coming into the 2013 season was 118.9 million. So we would have to tack on 57-58 million to get the same payroll as '13.

That doesn't include any of the arbitration players or guys under team control. But yes, they should have a lot of money.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 03:14 PM)
I hope Hahn pulls some magic out and signs Quintana to a nice contract.

I agree. Quintana would be a nice long(er) term investment, and they could probably do it on team-friendly terms.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
Here is a breakdown of what we already have designated for next year:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensa...am=CHA&pos=

I dont imagine any player will be getting a whole lot in arbitration, so the Sox should have a good amount to work with

I would guess Beckham and De Aza would each get $4-5 million.

Honestly, I want them to continue to save money for one more season. Bring up some more prospects for the 2014 season and watch the contracts of Rios and Dunn mercifully expire.

I love it when my Sox win, but would it hurt us to lose 95 + in back to back seasons? We already potentially have a top 3 pick next year. Another top 3 pick in 2015 is exactly what this farm system needs.

In 2015, spend as much money as needed to fill in the remaining holes. One thing is for certain, our pitching seems to be in order moving forward at least.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 08:27 PM)
Are there people really saying no to Robbie Cano?

Are we just going to be forever afraid of top free agents?

I know everyone wants to rebuild but if they grab Cano I believe they become instant contenders.

My feeling is that this organization would only go after a top guy like Cano if 1. they felt like the amount of suitors was limited enough that he'd go for less than mega-mega-dollars and 2. we already had a great team that could use a final piece to put them over the top

Its too bad Tank didn't turn into that 30 HR guy Harold Reynolds and some here thought he's be.

How sexy would a

De Aza CF- L

Beckham SS- R

Cano 2B-L

Rios RF-R

Dunn DH-L

Tank 1B-R

Gilaspie 3B-L

Garcia LF- R

Phegley C- R

That's a hella balanced lineup, and if Tank gets his power stroke back you can switch him and Rios.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 04:59 PM)
Interested in where you guys think the money we saved on Peavy and the contracts we have coming off the books for Konerko, etc. is going to be put towards going into next season. Obviously there is still a chance that someone could be picked up off of waivers in the next month, but I am going in assuming this is largely the roster we have next season. What do you hope they spend on and what do you hope the opening day roster is?

The chairman's bank account

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 10:32 PM)
Its too bad Tank didn't turn into that 30 HR guy Harold Reynolds and some here thought he's be.

How sexy would a

De Aza CF- L

Beckham SS- R

Cano 2B-L

Rios RF-R

Dunn DH-L

Tank 1B-R

Gilaspie 3B-L

Garcia LF- R

Phegley C- R

That's a hella balanced lineup, and if Tank gets his power stroke back you can switch him and Rios.

BECKHAM IS NOT A REGULAR ML SS.

And no that is horrible, all or nothing hitters that have doomed us all along

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 09:32 PM)

How sexy would a

De Aza CF- L

Beckham SS- R

Cano 2B-L

Rios RF-R

Dunn DH-L

Tank 1B-R

Gilaspie 3B-L

Garcia LF- R

Phegley C- R

Just because we get Cano doesn't mean everyone else is going to magically start hitting. Cano is the only sure thing in that line-up and everyone else is a big huge if.