ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 02:10 PM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 26m

a-rod spokesperson: "all legal matters have been resolved."

also from a-rod spokesman: "he has full intentions on playing in 2015."

I'm sure the Newark Bears will be looking for a washed up third baseman.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 09:33 AM)
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 5m

In 2007, MLB gave Alex Rodriguez permission to take testosterone. Interesting stuff from a new book excerpted in SI: http://bit.ly/1o8EJhP

Reading the article, I gather that he applied for permission to use Testosterone to combat symptoms from prior steroid use?

What a s*** show.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 06:47 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 1h

New York #Yankees star Alex Rodriguez is being sued for $380,000 by his former attorney David Cornwell, and his law firm for non-payments.

You really have to wonder what the hell is going on in his head that he thinks he can get away with crap like this. Unbelievable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 07:47 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 1h

New York #Yankees star Alex Rodriguez is being sued for $380,000 by his former attorney David Cornwell, and his law firm for non-payments.

"You like this."

• 4 weeks later...

Reading through the thread and the speculation about who may have used PEDs gets me weary. I remember a couple doctors at my old country club speculating like sports fans not necessarily doctors, suggesting that a guy that tore a bicep muscle must have been using steroids. They sounded very convincing. Odd injury that almost never happens with baseball players, etc. When I realized they were speaking about Frank Thomas, I just laughed.

I like it when guys are caught and it is proven, the speculation just kind of bugs me at this point. Maybe that's what MLB wants.

• 2 months later...
QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 01:57 PM)
What a jerk.

A) admit use in exchange for immunity.

B) Sue your supplier and deny usage.

C) Pay off people who could bury you.

I hope MLB bans him for life and that the HOF does as well.

For what? They already did suspend him. He served it and is now clear to play again.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)
What a jerk.

A) admit use in exchange for immunity.

B) Sue your supplier and deny usage.

C) Pay off people who could bury you.

I hope MLB bans him for life and that the HOF does as well.

He will never be voted into the Hall of Fame. As of today his entire career is under question, plus he has never come clean publicly and asked for forgiveness. It would honestly be easier to argue Barry Bonds for the HOF, as there is a pretty clear line that is almost universally agreed to as to when he started using. For ARod, it is so early in his career, it calls everything into doubt.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 05:14 PM)
He will never be voted into the Hall of Fame. As of today his entire career is under question, plus he has never come clean publicly and asked for forgiveness. It would honestly be easier to argue Barry Bonds for the HOF, as there is a pretty clear line that is almost universally agreed to as to when he started using. For ARod, it is so early in his career, it calls everything into doubt.

(Except for me, I disagree on that date).

• 2 months later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 12:48 PM)
Andrew Marchand ‏@AndrewMarchand 20m20 minutes ago

Sources: Yanks plan to block A-Rod bonuses http://es.pn/1CYX6Nv via @ESPNNewYork

The Yankees signed Arod to that contract in 2007. That was 2 years after the Congressional hearings and during the pendency of the Mitchell investigation. Arod hadn't yet been officially busted, but the Yanks had to know what they were getting into. As much as I would love to see Arod denied the money, I have absolutely no sympathy for the Yankees here.

• 2 weeks later...