THE WHITE SOX LOSE!!!

hi8is

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 03:46 PM)
Royals only scored 5 more runs than the Sox last month. Their batting average was 11 points lower than the Sox. They had 41 less total bases. Their OBP was just 4 points higher. Their slugging% was 16 points lower than the Sox.

The Royals .247 batting average in July was the worst they had all year. The Sox put up a better mark in June, July, and were only 2 points (.245) away from that in May.

..It's not like he came aboard and they suddenly started hitting more... KC has committed 30 less errors than the Sox, this is why they're having the better year, not George Brett who statistically has made their offense worse.

But George Brett....

The biggest factor in the recent Royals turn-around is six straight games against the lowly Twins & White Sox

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 12:03 AM)
You draft lovers have it made. You can still enjoy the rest of this pathetic season. A few of us are in misery on a nightly basis over the Sox results since we do not care about the draft.

Not sure why you're taking it so personally right now....the season has been lost for quite some time. Just look for some progression from the young players and pitchers and enjoy the fact we'll secure some top talent next year. I would absolutely love the top pick next year...kind of made a difference with the Bulls didn't it?

I just caught the last couple of outs, and heard Hawk say that "it was the first time in White Sox franchise history that the Sox dropped all 7 games of a road trip.

That cannot possibly be true. What the Hell was that about? A seven game losing streak on the road has to be fairly common. I'm confused.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 06:14 PM)
I just caught the last couple of outs, and heard Hawk say that "it was the first time in White Sox franchise history that the Sox dropped all 7 games of a road trip.

That cannot possibly be true. What the Hell was that about? A seven game losing streak on the road has to be fairly common. I'm confused.

It was the first time they have ever gone winless on a road trip of 7 games or more.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 05:17 PM)
It was the first time they have ever gone winless on a road trip of 7 games or more.

That is an incredible stat. In well over a century, the Sox never went winless on a road trip of 7 games or more.

I wonder if any other older franchise has had anywhere close to that record. After all, most road trips are at least 7 games, and most teams usually have losing records on the road.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 09:33 PM)
Greg, I don't think you are a bad guy. I know you genuinely want the team to do well. We all want the team to do well. Taking a step back in this case to eventually reach sustained success is necessary though. That's all I will say. The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result. Every time I see one of your posts I want to respond. But it is insane to respond because nothing is going to change with you. I would stop arguing fellas. Just going to give yourself a headache.

Yes but this ineptitude is reaching new lows in Sox history. It's embarrassing to be a fan of the team and yet nothing changes. Ten in a row has to be approaching franchise record for losses.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 12:03 AM)
You draft lovers have it made. You can still enjoy the rest of this pathetic season. A few of us are in misery on a nightly basis over the Sox results since we do not care about the draft.

No Sox fan enjoys the Sox losing, but it's not a bad thing because this team needs an influx of elite talent more than any team in the league. What I would say is worse is that you are in misery considering this team gave up on the season more than a month ago. If you care so much about the game that you are actually in misery and getting stressed out or whatever on a regular basis about something that doesn't affect you personally, then maybe you need to take a step back and reconsider your priorities. And I'm not being condescending or patronizing here - baseball is a game and you shouldn't care so much about it. I understand intensity and cheering and hoping they do well, but they aren't going to win anything of significance this year, so don't beat yourself up when they lose because they're going to do it a lot more.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 05:22 AM)
Tigers are averaging 5.5 runs/game at home and the Sox pitching held them to half that. Good job, guys!

Great observation... Still managed to get swept. Lol

Today so far against NY, the TPSM campaign's successful run seems to be in jeopardy.

Doh...

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 11:01 PM)
My 2 month winning streak in the soxtalk fantasy league was finally snapped(I see you Steve). Sox were roughly 25 games under in that time period, and just 4 under in the previous 2 months...I'm convinced the Sox will now start playing good baseball.

It's happening....