8/1 at Indians

flavum

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 03:15 PM)
There's also a great future Sox board which I rarely check. Some fans (the baseball draft is a snoozefest IMO) don't see much difference between the first pick and the third or fourth. I'm tired of the jokes about getting the No. 1 pick like you guys are of me blasting Rios.To want the team to lose and to mention the season ending series with Houston like it's a big deal is pretty strange to me. I care about the games in August and September not the draft. Even Strasburg, the great American hero, has been human. No one pick is going to excite me that much.

fine, we'll care about a "meaningless draft position" while you care about meaningless games in August and September.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 03:30 PM)
Is there another good player or two after Rodon or is he the only legitimately great pick?

10 months away, I don't see how anyone could know who is going to be a consensus number 1 or 2.

Rodon is the college pitcher with the most buzz, but who knows what will happen in the next 10 months of amateur baseball.

It's going to be nice to have options, but I hope there is an obvious pick that can't be debated for decades.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 03:35 PM)
10 months away, I don't see how anyone could know who is going to be a consensus number 1 or 2.

Rodon is the college pitcher with the most buzz, but who knows what will happen in the next 10 months of amateur baseball.

It's going to be nice to have options, but I hope there is an obvious pick that can't be debated for decades.

This ^

Everything changes a ton during/after the college and high schools baseball seasons leading up to the draft.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 08:49 PM)
I guess I'm just not sure that Manto is what "turned" Dunn into our best hitter. I would be more inclined to believe that were it not for that whole "get more aggressive" experiment we had in April that was a total disaster. Dunn got productive when he went back to being his old self.

It says a lot of negative things about our players and coaches if Adam Dunn, the guy nobody else in baseball would take, is our best hitter.