8/1 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 07:22 PM)
Is he the most disappointing prospect in all of baseball?

I'm sure he's up there.

I'm liking Jacobs and Garcia in the system. If Hawkins is a bust, so be it. Baseball is so hard--to play and predict what a guy with "tools" is going to be.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 01:26 AM)
I'm sure he's up there.

I'm liking Jacobs and Garcia in the system. If Hawkins is a bust, so be it. Baseball is so hard--to play and predict what a guy with "tools" is going to be.

And of course, the guy the Sox were rumored to take in that draft is dominating AA ball (Stroman)

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 07:22 PM)
Is he the most disappointing prospect in all of baseball?

Probably. At least the power seems legit. If he still sucks next year then I'll start to write him off but I'm not panicking just yet even though he's god awful right now.

Edited by Rowand44

Yeah every time Hawkins seems to be making progress he has a massive streak of 0-fers with multiple k's.

I want to think his abject failure, along with that of Carlos Sanchez, will teach the org. a lesson about being overly aggressive with very young hitters.

I want to...

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 07:54 PM)
Somebody on Twitter is saying Barnum got a concussion at the play at the plate.

According to the Intimidators' Twitter feed, and @BigTexJosh (voice of the I's), the catcher's glove hit Barnum in the head while making the tag. OUCH.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 08:01 PM)
Hawkins 0-5, 3k and 2 double plays

Team, I am in Winston Salem tonight and I wish I had a better report. Hawkins saw almost all breaking balls

In the diet and he missed them all. Bases loaded one out on bottom of the month with Johnson at third and he hits into a double play. Johnson thrown out twice stealing. I'm discouraged.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 07:27 PM)
And of course, the guy the Sox were rumored to take in that draft is dominating AA ball (Stroman)

It definitely appeared that we would have made him a reliever, though. If that's the case, it would have been a terrible pick.