Game Thread? Game thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
Iglesias was a guy I wanted from Boston but not many others did here, but the Tigers agreed with me.

The Tigers were somewhat desperate and probably overpaid to get a guy who can fill their shortstop hole right now, they were even willing to sacrifice offense because they could get that elsewhere in their team.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 07:55 PM)
The Tigers were somewhat desperate and probably overpaid to get a guy who can fill their shortstop hole right now, they were even willing to sacrifice offense because they could get that elsewhere in their team.

Correct on all accounts.

No thanks to Iglesias.

I was texting with my dad and as the trade was developing and when I thought we were getting Iglesias, he asked if Iglesias would be the centerpiece. I said no, there's no way we'd accept him as the top piece. I was right.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 05:55 PM)

I know why they wanted him . Peralta upcoming suspension and willing to plug SS with D since they have plenty of hitting.

I wanted him because I wanted an elite glove who could turn out to be a better hitter than people think. I know Boston sold high but we'll see how he hits going forward.

Maybe Sox don't see SS as that big of a position of need with some middle infield prospects on the farm .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 02:08 AM)
Blah I hate seeing a swing on 3-1 down a run in the 9th. Probably was a ball too. Where's the take sign ?

Well, he is our 2nd leading home run hitter. What a boring, awful offense.